Kyle Kempt Bashing

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Some posters here continue to bash Kyle Kempt. All he did today was threw over 300 + yard with 2 TD and no INT and completed 63% of his passes. He took over as the starting QB when this team desperately needed a QB and led his team to 8-5 record and a bowl win. Of course the naysayers will discredit his accomplishment and give all the credit to defense and receivers. He led this team to 3 wins against ranked teams and threw over 300 yard in a bowl game. How many ISU QBs have accomplish that in their career? All QBs have strengths and weaknesses. Kempt does not have a strong arm but he is a great leader and game manager. He has a better QB rating than Park and Norland but some posters here continue to bash him. Our coaching staffs believe Kempt gives a best chance to win games. Norland would have started if the coaching staffs thought he was the best option at QB. To some of our football experts on this board, Kempt sucks and it is better for this team to not have him next year even though he has done things that no other ISU QB has ever done before.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Its because the defense was the reason we were able to get over the hump in so many games like today. Pointing that out doesn't mean people are bashing him. He does help with that though as he is more of a ball control quarterback. He is not uber-talented but definitely has leadership traits. He was the right choice to start today even if Park was available.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Well, the Big 12 coach of the year had him play. Seems to me CMC knows a lot more about coaching college football players than guys sitting and typing on a message board. The team won the game as a team today. Isn't that what we have been hoping for?

Last edited:

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I like the guy but he was bailed out today many times. That bng said his demeanor on the field is invaluable. If nothing else next year I hope he is a grad assistant.
He must be the luckiest QB in college football history. He completed over 65% of his passes and threw for 15 TD and only 3 INT. Yes, he gets bailed out sometimes but so as every QB. How many times Park overthrew receivers or threw into coverage but nothing bad happened?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah, I don't get it. He doesn't throw the prettiest ball, but he wins.
Are you content with the Oline play? I mean, they don’t block all that well, but they win.

He’s a great story and kid, and we’re all appreciative of his efforts. But box score watching isn’t for everyone.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: isu2014 and flycy

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Some posters here continue to bash Kyle Kempt. All he did today was threw over 300 + yard with 2 TD and no INT and completed 63% of his passes. He took over as the starting QB when this team desperately needed a QB and led his team to 8-5 record and a bowl win. Of course the naysayers will discredit his accomplishment and give all the credit to defense and receivers. He led this team to 3 wins against ranked teams and threw over 300 yard in a bowl game. How many ISU QBs have accomplish that in their career? All QBs have strengths and weaknesses. Kempt does not have a strong arm but he is a great leader and game manager. He has a better QB rating than Park and Norland but some posters here continue to bash him. Our coaching staffs believe Kempt gives a best chance to win games. Norland would have started if the coaching staffs thought he was the best option at QB. To some of our football experts on this board, Kempt sucks and it is better for this team to not have him next year even though he has done things that no other ISU QB has ever done before.

Yikes! I get your point but shouldn't we be happy that we WON the game and not about what some posters think. I know I am!!!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The difference is Kempt threw over 300 yard with 2 TD and no INT. That is a great stat for a QB
Are you disappointed in DM for his stats?

None of that happens for such an immobile and limited QB without good Oline play and great effort by WRs. Yet, almost everyone is fine with acknowledging that our Oline play left a lot of plays and yards on the field. The QB position is no different.

• Disagree
Reactions: isu2014