KXNO Sports Fanatics

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
He's a self admitted ND football only fan though. He honestly didn't seem to really care about the baseball team making the CWS.

Havent listened in a long time but I remember Sean talking about his adult baseball league a lot. Literally nobody cares.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
In full disclosure I don't see the anti-Cyclone bias some claim KXNO hosts have. I try to listen for it but just don't see it. With that in mind I see it a little with Sean. Not much, but with him running the board on Hawkeye Soundoff it seems to creep in a bit. I find him to be incredibly fair with ISU basketball (and he works with Drake basketball, so he brings that forward some which I enjoy). Overall, I don't mind Sean and I think he could do fine.
Why do you listen to soundoff?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That Grumpy Goat Tavern commercial with the guy that pronounces "tavern" as "tavren" is very annoying.
I should probably get to the Grumpy Goat sometime. The previous owner (I think he sold it) was a girlfriend beater. Very, very well know that he acted like that, so as soon as we found out we said we wouldn't support him.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
As of a couple months ago I’m pretty sure he still owned them. Apparently he’s opening a new pizza place, too.

Speaking of annoying commercials, the Bruce Gerleman ones are enough to make me switch stations.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
As of a couple months ago I’m pretty sure he still owned them. Apparently he’s opening a new pizza place, too.

Speaking of annoying commercials, the Bruce Gerleman ones are enough to make me switch stations.
Not gonna lie, when the story about how Bruce treats people came out a couple years ago I have not given any of his restaurants my business since. I've always felt Jethros is kind of "fake" BBQ before that as there are several better places in the area I would prefer to get BBQ at than there.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not gonna lie, when the story about how Bruce treats people came out a couple years ago came out I have not given any of his restaurants my business since. I've always felt Jethros is kind of "fake" BBQ before that as there are several better places in the area I would prefer to get BBQ at than there.

Bruce is a piece of garbage.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Not gonna lie, when the story about how Bruce treats people came out a couple years ago I have not given any of his restaurants my business since. I've always felt Jethros is kind of "fake" BBQ before that as there are several better places in the area I would prefer to get BBQ at than there.
Lumping in Jethro's with the rest of the "fake" BBQ places is an insult to fake BBQ restaurants. Famous Dave's is absolute garbage and will consistently put out BBQ that blows Jethro's out of the water. Simply calling Jethro's a BBQ restaurant is an insult to BBQ. Bruce Girlyman's commercials are the only thing worse than his attempts at smoked meats.

That being said, their bar food and boneless wings are the only thing keeping him out of bankruptcy.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

What, you don't like his porkchop chant?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That Grumpy Goat Tavern commercial with the guy that pronounces "tavern" as "tavren" is very annoying.
And the oddest part is he pronounces it incorrectly like three times and correctly once.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron