KXNO Sports Fanatics

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I think it would be good if the new host had a little more back and forth on Cy/hawk rivalry. Still get along overall, but a bit more trash talk would be good. Honestly, don't like the "I cheer for the other unless they are playing us"... I prefer more of the scorched earth policy when it comes to rivals... Red Sox don't cheer for yankees, Packers don't cheer for bears, georgia tech never cheers for georgia, texas a&m never cheers for texas, UNC never cheers for duke, etc...

Best rivalries have some good old fashioned hate... it's what makes winning and losing mean just a little more.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I do think Ross has always been very fair when discussing both Iowa State and Iowa. Some of the other guys are nauseating to listen to when it comes to the same subject.

Maybe now (idk) but certainly not always: https://www.widerightnattylite.com/...-bout-the-clones-iowa-state-cyclones-hawkeyes

“You Iowa State fans can keep ******** about schedule all you want. The fact is, suck it up buttercup. The Hawkeyes are a really good team. In both basketball and football, they are a hell of a lot better than you in football, than you will be in a long time in football, and they are creeping up on you in basketball. The one thing you Cyclone fans had to hold on to. THE ONE THING YOU HAD TO HOLD ON TOO! GUESS WHAT IT'S ALMOST GONE! It's days away from being gone, okay? DAYS!! DAYS!! When the Cyclones continue to fall apart and the fan base, I mean the fan base continues to fall apart and get riled up over every loss and worked up. And try to figure out if Prohm should be FIRED in his first season.”

If a Clone voice would have ranted like that about the Hawkeyes they woulda been fired the same day.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mark Hanrahan has been a friend of mine since college and I think he would be a great replacement if he wanted it.
He's got girls that keep him busy so he is probably in the same situation as Chris though.

I heard him call in this afternoon, absolutely knows his baseball.

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA
She gets absolutely railroaded by Justice in the AM. It can be brutal.

I know alot of folks are anti-Travis, and he definitely has some ugly sides, but Heather, is, by far, the worst host on KXNO. She may be a Clone be she is not knowledgeable about anything. And behind the scenes sounds like can be absolutely awful to work with. Reason she has bounced around as much as she had. Glad she gave us 5-0 tho.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know alot of folks are anti-Travis, and he definitely has some ugly sides, but Heather, is, by far, the worst host on KXNO. She may be a Clone be she is not knowledgeable about anything. And behind the scenes sounds like can be absolutely awful to work with. Reason she has bounced around as much as she had. Glad she gave us 5-0 tho.

For the longest time I was among those angry with Miller for leaving rather than working with her but now over time I can see why he did it and no longer blame him for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY and isu81

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Count me in as someone who likes Ross. I actually started listening to the Sports Fanatics after hearing Ross on FAWcast a few times.

Reactions: mj4cy and HARMCYN

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
My favorite is when she says something clearly wrong and Travis completely shuts her down. I like the shows with just Travis and Sean. Travis Ross and Sean were the best in the AM though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron