KXNO Sports Fanatics

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
David sounded like a person with his tail between his legs. Had to save face for creating a mess on Twitter over something he took entirely out of context. Apparently all started over something that was said on SoundOff after a Hawk game that had nothing to do with him.

It's just the classic thing where people get bitchy on social media, but when they really talk about it, everything is cool.

Which is just another reason that social media will be the end of mankind. in 10,000 years, Alien Archaeologists will point to Facebook/Twitter as the "beginning of the end."

OK maybe a bit hyperbolic, but that's why it sucks.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
David sounded like a person with his tail between his legs. Had to save face for creating a mess on Twitter over something he took entirely out of context. Apparently all started over something that was said on SoundOff after a Hawk game that had nothing to do with him.
All because they said they don't see a point in following recruiting. Good god this dude is soft.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
David has been great in the times I've met him in person, but his online/media persona is something completely different.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
All because they said they don't see a point in following recruiting. Good god this dude is soft.

Travis, Ross, Murph, and Andy have all stayed away from recruiting stuff. They don't get caught up in it at all. Heather and Sean have the Eickster on weekly because they have a dog nuts lineup for guests. The dude is bad at what he does.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Chris and Andrew hinted at iHeart being a soulless corporation during their CW Pod. I won't put words in either of their mouths, but what they said during that podcast wouldn't make me surprised if that company was going to try the 2020 clearinghouse again.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It looks like iheart canned the WHO 1040 local morning show. I wonder if they come after KXNO again.
Max and Amy got canceled? They weren't that bad, giving Simon and Jeff most of the 8 o'clock hour to talk politics didn't help it.

But that's what sells on WHO wouldn't be surprised to have the 5 to 9 segment go full political also. Hope it's not Matt Kittle he is just bad radio.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Morning Rush and Fanatics were the ones chopped in 2020. It was Travis, Heather, Sean, Chris, Ross and Andrew. The others who were spared are contractors (Miller, Condon, Murph, Andy) and not employees, from what I understand. What I don’t know is whether or not they were all retained as contractors, or still as employees.

Reactions: MJ29

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Morning Rush and Fanatics were the ones chopped in 2020. It was Travis, Heather, Sean, Chris, Ross and Andrew. The others who were spared are contractors (Miller, Condon, Murph, Andy) and not employees, from what I understand. What I don’t know is whether or not they were all retained as contractors, or still as employees.

Wonder what Murph and Andy would do if iheart tried to cut local stuff again. Before they were willing to walk in support of AD but he's not there now.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Are Murph & Andy independent contractors?

I know M&C didn't get cut because they purchase their airtime, but I hadn't heard the same about the other two and assumed they stayed because they were the most popular.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Chris and Andrew hinted at iHeart being a soulless corporation during their CW Pod. I won't put words in either of their mouths, but what they said during that podcast wouldn't make me surprised if that company was going to try the 2020 clearinghouse again.
This time I am ok with it.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron