Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Bumping for @TrianglePlace again. Still waiting for your response

I don't think anyone lied that they knew black players felt uncomfortable in the facility after the report was wrapped up in 2019. Barta explained all that at his June 15 presser. KF said he had a blind spot which I think meant Doyle but ISU fans here think it meant the race issues

If there are legit email or text receipts that KF knew of the specific allegations against Doyle that players are making then he should go.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think anyone lied that they knew black players felt uncomfortable in the facility after the report was wrapped up in 2019. Barta explained all that at his June 15 presser. KF said he had a blind spot which I think meant Doyle but ISU fans here think it meant the race issues

If there are legit email or text receipts that KF knew of the specific allegations against Doyle that players are making then he should go.
So hold on, you don't think Kirk, who is best friends with Doyle and has been for decades, didn't know how Doyle was treating these players?

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa

sign_blind_spot_dsc09852.jpg

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

GTFO with this sh it

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
GTFO with this sh it
I can't remember if it was Brodie or him, but one of them said a while back that if Kirk knew about any of these types of things and let them continue, he should be let go. Well we've found out Kirk knew about most of them, not all, but most.

Now it's come to be that there has to be a legit email or text message that shows Kirk knew. First of all, what's a "legit" email? Not sure if I've ever received an "un-legit" email, so just wondering. Also, pretty ironic that you're now saying you need a smoking gun in order to determine whether or not you want your coach fired. Not say, the 65+ accusations.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
So hold on, you don't think Kirk, who is best friends with Doyle and has been for decades, didn't know how Doyle was treating these players?

Not specifics, no.

You think Doyle went to KF and told him over a beer that one day during a workout he sagged his shorts and walked in a stereotypical way towards a black player?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I can't remember if it was Brodie or him, but one of them said a while back that if Kirk knew about any of these types of things and let them continue, he should be let go. Well we've found out Kirk knew about most of them, not all, but most.

Now it's come to be that there has to be a legit email or text message that shows Kirk knew. First of all, what's a "legit" email? Not sure if I've ever received an "un-legit" email, so just wondering. Also, pretty ironic that you're now saying you need a smoking gun in order to determine whether or not you want your coach fired. Not say, the 65+ accusations.

I've been on record here for weeks that the review needs to be completed before determining KF's fate.

Also, there is such a thing as doctored emails or screenshots of texts.

Finally, do you know when Ms. Phelps is releasing her book?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Not everyone has been retained.
I heard the student who had to take the sweaty practice gear to the laundry was replaced. Tough break for him but a price had to be paid. They couldn't let these charges go without consequences.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cliff notes?
Was mad at Ross and Emery presuming Kirk was guilty before the report was done (when all up until that point they were both saying they want to wait to make a judgement).
Just a total meltdown by him ensued.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
I think it would be useful/appropriate and a good reminder to put an asterisk behind the words report/review*

(*) - All contents of this report have been sponsored and payed for by the University of Iowa athletic department.

There’s a lot going on and I’m just trying to remind people that sometimes forget that this report is not close to a true investigation.

Reactions: heitclone
Status
Not open for further replies.