Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So I'm assuming this is no longer an issue and everything is OK now.

In the minds of Iowa fans and their remaining coaches...... yes this is over and no longer an issue.

It's disgusting, but unfortunately very predictable. This is how they "handle" things over there.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Athletic Department is still busy shredding emails, cleaning off hard drives, passing out hush money, hacking peoples accounts to delete info, etc. They are keeping it all quiet hoping things will just pass.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's been nearly 3 weeks and KF still is in charge of the Iowa football program....not only that but appears to have been cleared to lead the way forward to be the "standard" in college football going forward.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He's a ******* racist.

KKKirk.

Apparently all you have to do is say "oh gosh golly wow geez didn't know it was going on. I'll do better at listening to my players and going forward we'll set the standard"

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
It sounds pretty damaging for BF's future, until you read that it's an anonymous player. That's probably not going to move the needle very much in their case against KF and BF.
In guessing that the official investigation will reveal the player. Just guessing though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think that you got that right-the hoks and their media buddies will try it. However, Wadley's mom and other player's mothers and their lawyer are not going to let it go. Wadley's mom's book is still just sitting out there waiting for the opportune time to release it.

Maybe she doesn’t have a book and she is just taking payment for preorders of the book? Think I heard of a Hawkeye player doing that.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Press knows about the lawsuit forthcoming from them. The less they make Kirk say in public, the less he may have to walk back once the "report" is released.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"My time at Iowa was extremely difficult right from the beginning. It was clear on day 1 once we entered the facility it was clearly a double standard every way imaginable. Some examples for me, when we entered the facility we had to make sure our hair was the way they wanted it or we would be harassed. If the black athletes came in with jewelry we would be stopped at the door and told to take it off right there. We weren't even allowed to get to our locker to put it in there. We weren't wearing the jewelry during workouts. Our caucasion teammates could wear basically whatever they pleased or style their hair anyway they wanted which included spikes/ mohawks etc. If they were addressed in any matter it would usually be in private out of sight of the black athletes. When we were addressed it was always in a loud, demanding, derogatory and condescending manner. There was a play when I was on when I attempted to do my job and because I didn't do it up to the coach Brian Ferentz liking. He began yelling and screaming at me, kicked the garbage can and said to me in front of all the coaches " only a dumb ass Black player would do it like that." Coach Parker came up to me after practice and told me I didn't do anything wrong. Then he said but even though you didn't do anything wrong I needed to apologize to Brian Ferentz.I went and spoke to Coach Kirk Ferentz after that and he told me even though you may not have been wrong. " What do I look like siding with the players over the Coaches? After that I knew it was time for me to leave. One last example is during our nutrition program they would have eaten these huge plates of food in front of everyone as they watched us which was bad because they were trying to shame us. But for me I come from a family where I eat steak well done.They were forcing us to eat it like medium rare would make me even sicker to my stomach trying to get it down before a workout. Outside of my teammates there is nothing I can look back and say I got from Iowa except depression, anxiety and self doubt that Kirk Ferentz was well aware of. Nothing happens in IOWA unless Kirk Ferentz knows about it. The lack of respect and disregard for the Black athletes as human beings at Iowa is something unfortunately I will never forgive or forget. I pray that this helps prevent others from making the same mistake I did."

Here's the full quote / story by an anonymous ex-Hawkeye. You know why this player is probably staying anonymous? Because he doesn't want to get personally ridiculed on social media by Iowa fans. This story is despicable.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
"My time at Iowa was extremely difficult right from the beginning. It was clear on day 1 once we entered the facility it was clearly a double standard every way imaginable. Some examples for me, when we entered the facility we had to make sure our hair was the way they wanted it or we would be harassed. If the black athletes came in with jewelry we would be stopped at the door and told to take it off right there. We weren't even allowed to get to our locker to put it in there. We weren't wearing the jewelry during workouts. Our caucasion teammates could wear basically whatever they pleased or style their hair anyway they wanted which included spikes/ mohawks etc. If they were addressed in any matter it would usually be in private out of sight of the black athletes. When we were addressed it was always in a loud, demanding, derogatory and condescending manner. There was a play when I was on when I attempted to do my job and because I didn't do it up to the coach Brian Ferentz liking. He began yelling and screaming at me, kicked the garbage can and said to me in front of all the coaches " only a dumb ass Black player would do it like that." Coach Parker came up to me after practice and told me I didn't do anything wrong. Then he said but even though you didn't do anything wrong I needed to apologize to Brian Ferentz.I went and spoke to Coach Kirk Ferentz after that and he told me even though you may not have been wrong. " What do I look like siding with the players over the Coaches? After that I knew it was time for me to leave. One last example is during our nutrition program they would have eaten these huge plates of food in front of everyone as they watched us which was bad because they were trying to shame us. But for me I come from a family where I eat steak well done.They were forcing us to eat it like medium rare would make me even sicker to my stomach trying to get it down before a workout. Outside of my teammates there is nothing I can look back and say I got from Iowa except depression, anxiety and self doubt that Kirk Ferentz was well aware of. Nothing happens in IOWA unless Kirk Ferentz knows about it. The lack of respect and disregard for the Black athletes as human beings at Iowa is something unfortunately I will never forgive or forget. I pray that this helps prevent others from making the same mistake I did."

Here's the full quote / story by an anonymous ex-Hawkeye. You know why this player is probably staying anonymous? Because he doesn't want to get personally ridiculed on social media by Iowa fans. This story is despicable.

That's awful by Brian obviously but absolutely disgusting by Kirk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That's awful by Brian obviously but absolutely disgusting by Kirk
And right here again, it shows that Kirk was not publicly dismissing the kid's story in front of the team, so Kirk was not viewed as the main problem. That's why Kirk is not getting as much heat because these sorts of stories never made it out of the locker room until now. This is another story that if true, further enhances the notion that the entire staff needs to be gone.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Nothing happens in IOWA unless Kirk Ferentz knows about it.

I'M SAYING IT AGAIN, BUT LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK OF THE ROOM WITH THEIR FINGERS IN THEIR EARS TRYING TO IGNORE THE TRUTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron