Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
It does work that way; it works both ways actually. They literally have players on record saying they support KF and he is the man to lead them through this. Yes, many haven't spoken either way and 1 player has blamed KF for everything under the sun (DJK). If they felt strongly enough that KF can't lead the change then I think they would say so; especially past players. There will be an investigation and if nothing damaging to KF comes out of that investigation, these players will rally behind him.
It isn't at all. Players are coming out and saying the program is in BAD shape and needs massive change. They state that they don't want anyone fired because your fan base is such a POS that they will attack these people personally if they called for the head man to be fired. KF's runs that program. He let this happen whether you want to bury your head in the sand and act like he didn't know or not. Even if he didn't know, that means he is so disconnected, so shut off, and so unapproachable that players wouldn't come and bring these things up to him. If players felt he should be in charge of leading the change, then you would see an overwhelming majority of them say just that. Instead, you hear silence from that. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots and see that that is because they don't believe he should be. Let alone, if you are under such accusations and scrutiny about letting this crap happen for 21 years under your watch, why should ANYONE believe or allow him to take charge of this? He clearly failed for 21 years. If he is to be believed that he can manage the change then he needs a majority of past and present players saying "we think our coach can do this", but that isn't happening

Reactions: aauummm

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
This is true. There have been a couple that suggested cleaning house, there have been a few saying they think KF can be part of the solution. Most have not said one way or the other. Unfortunately much of the state sports media is interpreting what you say as something like this:

50 players coming forward - 2 that want KF gone = 48 players that overwhelmingly support KF and think he is THE guy to lead this change.

I also think the default position for most players is to defend their coach, so I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more support. But it's a tough situation for these players. Do they feel like if they speak out in support of KF they are not supporting the other players that had problems? If they come out an say KF should be gone they face wraith of fans (and no, this is not unique to Iowa fans).

They also just might not really know how to feel about the whole situation. People are complex. Obviously KF has done some very good things beyond football, and has been an important mentor to many players, including some of those with accusations. With that said, it really comes down to whether or not the negative things should disqualify him from being in such a position leading young men. I think his actions or inactions in this case, the Everson/Satterfield case, and the Rhabdo situation suggest clearly he should not, but that's for others to decide.
That's my point. If they support their coach like he is trying to claim, why not come out and just say exactly that? No one is and there is a reason for that

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I don't think you are dumb. I think you are a moron. So what you really want to post is a moron pic. Got it.

I can't believe you allowed yourself to believe that this investigation was an investigation rather than an endeavor to craft a lovely tale of white people empowering African American athletes in the safety of the trustworthy Midwest. Iowa City is the model of change to remedy the country's original sin. KKKirKkk is the guy to be the lead in change.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
And knowing some Drake students, they walk around campus in their hok gear. Similar to UNI and Kirkwood.

Personally I would feel more confident of the validity of the investigation outcome if it were conducted by someone like Aaron Carter, Kauff Mcguire & Margolis LLP, New York City. African-American with degrees from Princeton and William & Mary.
https://nbltop100.org/members/new-york-ny-aaron-carter-200072614/

Listen people, I've been critical of Iowa throughout this entire thread, but some of you are seriously desperate.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I'm all for piling on Iowa when possible, but this law firm thing is dumb. There are dozens of attorneys in that office. The idea the investigation is somehow tainted simply because there are a few Iowa Law grads in the firm is ridiculous. You wont find a Midwest law firm with a good reputation that doesn't have at least a few Iowa Law grads.

I'd also just say that someone going to graduate school at Iowa does not necessarily make them a supporter of Iowa Athletics. Most I know are much more tied to their undergraduate institutions than Iowa.

The Iowa grads are a non issue to me. The racial diversity of that firm is questionable if ANE is correct.

upload_2020-6-18_20-45-28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.