Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, it's like they just want the messages to speak for themselves and not get lost. Looks like they even added some color to make it more on theme. Let's just hope for past, current, and future players the message helps get this the attention it needs. https://americaneedsequality.com/

He's a lot of info in case the people running the site happen to lurk here

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Does anyone know Iowa's plan? Has Barta/PR department said anything? Or is the plan to just drag it out as long as possible and let the next big thing hit the news cycle? Maybe they are hoping for fatigue on this.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
By all accounts, Doyle should be fired. The question then becomes whether or not Kirk deserves to be terminated as he allowed all of this to happen under his roof. His claim that he had no idea any of this was going on and claims he never once heard of any racial disparity is laughable. My opinion doesn't really matter, but to me, he deserves as much blame as Doyle. As the head coach you are responsible for every little piece of the program. If these problems happened a few times and Kirk addressed it with him, then Kirk would've been doing his job. Some of these accusations actually note that Kirk was very well aware of Doyle's behavior and further blamed players for not respecting Doyle.

This. Dantonio and Tressel claimed to know nothing about the garbage going on at their school but I guarantee hawk fans were screaming for them to go.

NEPatriotscy

Sep 3, 2006
Crazy to think that Rob Howe has bigger balls as a reporter than Keith Murphy, but it’s true. Pretty disappointed in Keith.
I totally agree. He has been chicken $hit. As I said on a post last night, it appears that King Ferentz has total control of the main media. It's disgusting!!!

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
JadeMichael is so on staff and it's hilarious to think anything else

And the Harmon responses were so predictable!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Getting FOIA requests granted isn't an easy process. Sorry but I bet these guys are working on stuff. At least the ones that aren't furloughed. I have just gotten sick of blame the media crap. After a certain president attacking press for four years I am sick of it. Two of the writers that cover the team did a two hour podcast on the issues. One of them talked to 3 former hawkeyes about the program.

The standard is a hell of a lot lower than expecting sports media in this state to submit FOIA requests.

In this case, the goalposts related to Ferentz just keep moving by those talking about the story. Here's been my view of the progression:
1. Well, these are just a few allegations, none include Kirk directly and it seems likely he didn't know anything about them. As long as it doesn't get any worse, Kirk should not be fired. Not to mention, this will definitely open up the floodgates and every school is going to have similar things to deal with.
2. Sure, there are a lot more accusations, some of which saying that Kirk was informed but didn't do anything, but this is still a Doyle problem, and he probably needs to go now that he put out that statement that shows he's not changing. It will be interesting to see how other schools deal with this when these things start to come out for them as well.
3. True, there are a lot of accusations stating that Kirk clearly knew or was even involved in racist or discriminatory practices, and no other school seems to be having such problems, but only a couple accusations included suggestions that the whole staff needs to be gone, and a couple former players said they didn't think he should be fired. So unless you start seeing a bunch of former players calling for him to be fired, he should be fine. Kirk's built up enough good will to overcome this.

Somehow, every incident, whether it's the sexual assault cover up, the Rhabdo case, or this, somehow there's this mysterious "good will" reserve where the needle is on Full no matter what **** this guy does to other people in order to preserve his football program and legacy.

FOIA requests will be great, but I'd settle for the state of Iowa media honestly discussing things that are clearly out in the public domain.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The standard is a hell of a lot lower than expecting sports media in this state to submit FOIA requests.

In this case, the goalposts related to Ferentz just keep moving by those talking about the story. Here's been my view of the progression:
1. Well, these are just a few allegations, none include Kirk directly and it seems likely he didn't know anything about them. As long as it doesn't get any worse, Kirk should not be fired. Not to mention, this will definitely open up the floodgates and every school is going to have similar things to deal with.
2. Sure, there are a lot more accusations, some of which saying that Kirk was informed but didn't do anything, but this is still a Doyle problem, and he probably needs to go now that he put out that statement that shows he's not changing. It will be interesting to see how other schools deal with this when these things start to come out for them as well.
3. True, there are a lot of accusations stating that Kirk clearly knew or was even involved in racist or discriminatory practices, and no other school seems to be having such problems, but only a couple accusations included suggestions that the whole staff needs to be gone, and a couple former players said they didn't think he should be fired. So unless you start seeing a bunch of former players calling for him to be fired, he should be fine. Kirk's built up enough good will to overcome this.

Somehow, every incident, whether it's the sexual assault cover up, the Rhabdo case, or this, somehow there's this mysterious "good will" reserve where the needle is on Full no matter what **** this guy does to other people in order to preserve his football program and legacy.

FOIA requests will be great, but I'd settle for the state of Iowa media honestly discussing things that are clearly out in the public domain.
I think at this time there would have to be a video of Kirk Ferentz doing something incredibly bad in order for any Iowa media member / fan to believe Kirk isn't a saint.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I think at this time there would have to be a video of Kirk Ferentz doing something incredibly bad in order for any Iowa media member / fan to believe Kirk isn't a saint.
He could be stomping a puppy to death and they would still say the puppy deserved it because it blew off some autograph sessions.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's becoming abundantly clear they are just going to wait this thing out and the local media is going to allow them to do so. They'll avoid any media until they have to, and even then they'll have rehearsed answers to softball questions.

What's going to make me physically ill will be the production that goes into making Kirk out as some newly remade man. Years of racist policies swept under the rug because he establishes a minority leadership group or something.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

It wouldn't matter, he has this bottomless tank of good will he can just keep tapping into. I mean, there's plenty that show what Ferentz did.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I seem recall a story on Kirk at a Steve King fundraiser a few years ago. Can't find any online evidence to back up my memory though.

I can only hope somebody interviews King for his take on Kirk and hok program's issues.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
It's becoming abundantly clear they are just going to wait this thing out and the local media is going to allow them to do so. They'll avoid any media until they have to, and even then they'll have rehearsed answers to softball questions.

What's going to make me physically ill will be the production that goes into making Kirk out as some newly remade man. Years of racist policies swept under the rug because he establishes a minority leadership group or something.

Morehouse said there was a meeting yesterday attended by all football players. I am unsure what was said in the meeting but the players left so enthused he said "they would've walked to Dubuque to play Wisconsin in a parking lot and beat them by 40." I guess the players are all behind KF.

Status
Not open for further replies.