Kinnick north end zone renovation

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I did check, prove me wrong, I’ll own up to it. I’m talking stadium rated capacity, not record attendance.

You said what it held, not stated capacity. Back in the early 80s we had average attendance of over 50k. They didn’t count the hillsides into capacity until about JP showed up. So that is quite a few seats that they never counted in “capacity”. Don’t blame you, most hawk fans don’t understand this.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
You said what it held, not stated capacity. Back in the early 80s we had average attendance of over 50k. They didn’t count the hillsides into capacity until about JP showed up. So that is quite a few seats that they never counted in “capacity”. Don’t blame you, most hawk fans don’t understand this.

Ouch, not a hawk fan. ISU alum and die hard. I should have clarified the capacity thing. I mostly like Kinnick due to my late Grandma being a huge Hawk fan. I am also a Wisconsin fan, and it’s the closest stadium to me where I can watch them play.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ouch, not a hawk fan. ISU alum and die hard. I should have clarified the capacity thing. I mostly like Kinnick due to my late Grandma being a huge Hawk fan. I am also a Wisconsin fan, and it’s the closest stadium to me where I can watch them play.

I will apologize then, you happened to stumble onto an angle that several tavern hawks take up.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Much better. Who cares about capacity, at least we can both agree Kinnick is a dump and the tailgating there is almost as bad
Well you guys do have a freeway entrance sign on your field, so you have that going for you

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa tailgating is among the best, #6 in the nation. Though I'd argue it's definitely top 5.

JTS is pretty good.

Wonder where they took the poll at? The west Hawk lot or someones front yard where they have 6 cars and two kybos on parked in the front yard? Nephew went there and lived in house next to the parking garage. It was written in his lease that they could not park there car on game day as the slum lord rented out the drive way and front yard. Sure is nice that doesn't happen at JTS. Nephew didn't have a car so it didn't bother him.

Ever see an ambulance try to get down Melrose Place on game day? Thankfully a hospital is within a couple of blocks.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa tailgating is among the best, #6 in the nation. Though I'd argue it's definitely top 5.

JTS is pretty good.
NCAA stadiums/games I've been to:
ISU
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Colorado
Mizzou
Wisconsin
Minnesota (TCF and the Dome)
Iowa
WVU
Okie State
TCU (First year in B12 so they had the renovated stadium)
Texas
aTm

Edit: Kansas. Beautiful area for a stadium. But the track, and zero fan support make it forgettable.
KState game at Arrowhead.
My list doesn’t include bowl games either.

Iowa isn't even in my top 5 for that list. TCU was the worst tailgating atmosphere IMO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron