King will be on Lazard wherever he lines up

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
True but I don't think they ever do this for conference games against good WR's. Maybe a Hawk fan can help me out on that but I think they only do it for their Super Bowl
It's called good coaching-maybe your national championship coach can do some of it also

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
True but I don't think they ever do this for conference games against good WR's. Maybe a Hawk fan can help me out on that but I think they only do it for their Super Bowl

They did it a bit for Taj Boyd last year vs Pitt.

Edit: Thinking back, they didnt send King on Boyd every play. Just happened to match up with each other a lot. Nothing like what they will do with Lazard.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's called good coaching-maybe your national championship coach can do some of it also

I agree, KF chooses to coach his best in his Super Bowl and then goes back to his stubborn old ways in the meaningless conference games

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
No, because MSU didnt have a receiver like Boyd or Lazard.

And stop trying so hard. We get it Iowa super bowl, yadda yadda yadda. Can we move on now?
Agreed. I do enjoy the positive sentiments about Lazard, though -- he's got to be one of the best skill players ISU has had in a long time. I'd like to think he would be a starter/influence player at many schools (including those larger and better than ISU).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, because MSU didnt have a receiver like Boyd or Lazard.

But even then, King didnt follow Boyd around like he will Lazard.

And stop trying so hard. We get it Iowa super bowl, yadda yadda yadda. Can we move on now?

Burbidge got drafted but again this just proves how meaningful this game is to Ferentz. He'll do whatever it takes

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I don't think ISU can win by throwing at King, especially because I think King will still have some help with us not being able to run the ball against their front 7. Other WRs and Lanning will have to step it up.