Kevin Jackson E-mail?

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Anyone else get it?

Apparently they want to go without the curtain for the Iowa dual. I'm not thrilled about it if the Hawk fans are going to outnumber us.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Anyone else get it?

Apparently they want to go without the curtain for the Iowa dual. I'm not thrilled about it if the Hawk fans are going to outnumber us.

Well than why don't we just have more Cyclone fans show up! :yes:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Anyone else get it?

It is money in the Athletic Dept's pockets. If they want to come and be disappointed then let them. :wink:

trigger1

May 21, 2008
Ames
Saw the message and read it this morning. They're moving the season tickets holders to the center for that one meet. Appears that the whole lower level is supposed to be season ticket holders, students, and reserved seating. Details to come with season ticket renewal letters, but I get the impression that the other lower level tickets will be offered first to season ticket holders and Cyclone Club members.

Don't know if this link to the seating chart will work, but we'll give it a shot.
https://admin.xosn.com/pics/0/BI/BIIYVJLZKVBNBRC.20090520153654.jpg

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Why dont they put certain things in place so that Iowa fans cant get that many tix? Why not sell $1 tix to all NCC members for that one meet? I know tix arent that expensive anyway, but why not bring some new fans into the rivalry and show em that this means just as much if not more than the football or bball matchups?

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Thank GOD no curtain!!!!!!!! Dumbest idea of all time.

Really? Why? I've been to meets with and without and I think the curtain is a great idea. It just makes for so much better of an atmosphere with the size crowds we currently draw. I realize the Iowa meet will be close to a sellout of the entire arena but unfortunately I think it will practically be a neutral site with about a 60-40 crowd split.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
They need to get a big time ticket selling campaign out there. If I were them I would start selling individual tickets for this to NCC members during football season. Also, another idea is try to get this back to the same weekend as the basketball game and do some kind of package deal for the basketball and wrestling together.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
Really? Why? I've been to meets with and without and I think the curtain is a great idea. It just makes for so much better of an atmosphere with the size crowds we currently draw. I realize the Iowa meet will be close to a sellout of the entire arena but unfortunately I think it will practically be a neutral site with about a 60-40 crowd split.

The curtain is great for the other duals. No doubt about it.

Wrestling is struggling and the Iowa/ISU dual is the signature regular season dual in the sport. Limiting fan access to it couldn't possibly be more short sighted.

What we did two years ago made me sick to my stomach. I was totally embarrassed. For lack of a better term, we pissed all over the sport. IMHO, of course.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
The curtain is great for the other duals. No doubt about it.

Wrestling is struggling and the Iowa/ISU dual is the signature regular season dual in the sport. Limiting fan access to it couldn't possibly be more short sighted.

What we did two years ago made me sick to my stomach. I was totally embarrassed. For lack of a better term, we pissed all over the sport. IMHO, of course.

And being a season ticket holder I appreciated that they didn't move the mat to the middle of the arena and screw me over.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
And being a season ticket holder I appreciated that they didn't move the mat to the middle of the arena and screw me over.

Yeah. You may have been another 5, 10 or even up to 20 yards away from the action. How would you ever have gotten by? Clearly, you never would've been able to see it. How did you ever make it at duals before the curtain? I'm sure it was like watching two ants wrestle, right?

I'm not a season ticket holder but my dad and best friend are. It's a tiny sacrifice to pay for the good of the sport and for an event like this dual.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Well than why don't we just have more Cyclone fans show up! :yes:
Because dear boy...hawk fans outnumber clone fans by 5 to 1!!!!

If you want a home meet for the hawks just get rid of the curtain and it will be like the good old days of dan gable.....:cool:

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Because dear boy...hawk fans outnumber clone fans by 5 to 1!!!!

If you want a home meet for the hawks just get rid of the curtain and it will be like the good old days of dan gable.....:cool:

I doubt very much that it's 5:1. MAYBE 2:1. If you want to manipulate the crowd, just give NCC members a discount on tickets for that match and jack the price up for non-NCC members. If hok fans want to attend, make them pay for it and use the money to support our program.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Yeah. You may have been another 5, 10 or even up to 20 yards away from the action. How would you ever have gotten by? Clearly, you never would've been able to see it. How did you ever make it at duals before the curtain? I'm sure it was like watching two ants wrestle, right?

I'm not a season ticket holder but my dad and best friend are. It's a tiny sacrifice to pay for the good of the sport and for an event like this dual.

Then STFU.

Reactions: Clone83

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I doubt very much that it's 5:1. MAYBE 2:1. If you want to manipulate the crowd, just give NCC members a discount on tickets for that match and jack the price up for non-NCC members. If hok fans want to attend, make them pay for it and use the money to support our program.

Good olde Jamie Pollard is gonna get a real education when he opens up hilton to all hawk fans....Clone fans had better get ready to be OVER-RUN by hawk fans, because they are gonna show up in Droves and will cheer their goof ball hawks on to another win over the hapless isu wrestling program!!!

Been there Seen It and Done It Years before...now history is gonna repeat itself again and Good Old Jamie will see why hawk fans love it when you let them buy tickets at regular price!!!!:cool:

Help Support Us

Become a patron