Keno Davis

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
Any chance he'd come back to the state of Iowa if one of the two top coaching positions were to open up?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Any chance he'd come back to the state of Iowa if one of the two top coaching positions were to open up?

Yes, I would say a good chance. And from what I hear, there would be a much greater chance he would end up in Ames ahead of Iowa City.

Just saying.

Also, from a friend I hear he is very down to Earth, and really enjoyed living in Iowa.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This might sound like a ridiculous question here, but how do the words "he must be one of the harder-working coaches out there" and "He is always updating Twitter" go together?

Hes selling the program, to recruits and fans... His Tweets are generally statistical updates and stuff like that, not just random crap.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Way to early to get on this bandwagon. He won at Drake with his dad's players and has yet to get Providence into the tourney and it doesn't look like it will happen this year either. Just wondering how people here would react if he came here and we lost to Iona, which is exactly what happened at Providence this year. I am not saying he isn't a good coach, I am sure he probably is, they had a nice win over Pitt and beat Syracuse last year. Track record just isn't there yet, it may be at some point, but it isn't yet.

MBulldog

Dec 19, 2009
Johnston

I think he's making $1mil/year at Providence, so someone will have to pay big bucks to draw him away from there (assuming he has some success at Providence).