Kene Nwangwu getting PAID, drafted 4th round

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Imagine being a Lions and Cyclones fan and seeing all the Cyclones go to rivals. Must suck more than just being a Lions/Iowa State fan already sucks.

You just have to hope for the best for the ISU players since you know those rivals screw up opportunities on the regular.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
This is why I have quit watching the draft! I can't believe that there are that many better players in the Big Ten, as there is in the Big 12! And like you said I can not believe Bailey was not drafted!
I can easily, easily see Bailey as a guy that goes the Allen Lazard route and grinds his way into a starter status.

His production sack wise the last 3 years has been near the tops in power 5. I'm convinced he wasn't drafted b/c he still has a little bit of baby fat look on him and he isn't 6"4 or 6"5. His play in terms of being able to hold the edge against the run and pressure the qb is very high level. I could argue he should have been drafted today maybe 7th round.

I was surprised a little to see Hawkbird Ihmir Smith Marsette drafted. Guy seemed like a very toxic teammate and a bit of a jackass with the dui stuff.

How funny is the nfl where Kene gets drafted and he was a role player at isu and Lazard was not drafted. Once everyone gets into camp though in the summer all bets are off. Would be very cool to see Jaquan, Soehner, and Kene make it 3 years in the league or so. Such awesome character guys and reasons we got to and won a new years 6

Reactions: Spanky

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I can easily, easily see Bailey as a guy that goes the Allen Lazard route and grinds his way into a starter status.

His production sack wise the last 3 years has been near the tops in power 5. I'm convinced he wasn't drafted b/c he still has a little bit of baby fat look on him and he isn't 6"4 or 6"5. His play in terms of being able to hold the edge against the run and pressure the qb is very high level. I could argue he should have been drafted today maybe 7th round.

I was surprised a little to see Hawkbird Ihmir Smith Marsette drafted. Guy seemed like a very toxic teammate and a bit of a jackass with the dui stuff.

How funny is the nfl where Kene gets drafted and he was a role player at isu and Lazard was not drafted. Once everyone gets into camp though in the summer all bets are off. Would be very cool to see Jaquan, Soehner, and Kene make it 3 years in the league or so. Such awesome character guys and reasons we got to and won a new years 6

Bailey will be given a shot with the Eagles, I seem to recall that team needs help on the D side of the ball.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Bailey probably faces the biggest uphill challenge of those three. Seems like a million defensive ends get drafted every year.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Different kinds of backs perform better in different kinds of systems. A place where o line is an issue will rely on backs who can take hits and get yards after contact. He also happened to be here when we have had 2 of the top RBs in school history. I mean where would you rank breece and david?

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Bailey probably faces the biggest uphill challenge of those three. Seems like a million defensive ends get drafted every year.
Depends how good or bad the DE room is in Philadelphia, I would have no idea. Best of luck to him.

If Mike Rose was the big 12 def player of the year is he going first round next year? I would hope he's a 3rd round sure shot.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He didn’t get into specifics, but Kiper says Kene really moved up the charts in the last week before the draft.

Reactions: aauummm

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I could see Purdy going as high as mid-third if he has a killer season (which I honestly expect him to) but I think that’s probably his ceiling no matter how great he is this season.

Yeah, I love Purdy and he's an amazing college QB, but he IS a little undersized and has made some poor decisions and doesn't have a huge arm. Those are all things that when taken together lower a QB draft stock. When every team has a McDonald and Bailey trying to chase you down and defenders that can cover and catch bad throws--yeah. But, I DO believe he'll make a team somewhere -- I just don't think he's NFL starter material. He could improve, though, and I hope he does! That would be amazing, as he's already great. Really if he just drops the "gunslinger" part of his game he'd be great -- the NFL now values mobile QBs, but if you are making bad throws you're more of a liability.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
. . .
Lazard is way better than most of the players who got drafted. David Montgomery is way better than all players that got drafted ahead of him except for the raiders running back.
. . .
The bolded is quite a statement.
Struck me as hok level stuff.
I don't know if this makes any difference -- but I read it as better than most/all of the players at their positions. IE - Lazard is better than most receivers drafted ahead of him, DM is the 2nd best RB from that draft.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron