Kane: "Not one-on-one"

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I think it was after we beat K-State in the tournament, the team yelled "Family" instead of "Team" or "Cyclones" and that's when it hit me.

Big Daddy came in here, and got the whole team to buy into being a family. A family is more than a team. A family looks after each other and has each others backs.

And, just like a family member, he isn't making this about himself, he's making it about his family - The Cyclone family.

If he wanted to, he could easily make this game all about him.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Sounds like they are going to try to harass Kane and get in his head. Hope Kane and the rest of the Cyclones can battle through and win the game!

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Did Shabazz's quote come across as rambling in person as it did in print?

Wow. You know he really could try and say that they could do something because he knows that he will do what they can because they've done it before.

:eek:

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
I haven't watched UConn basketball this season. Napier mentions controlling tempo. What kind of tempo does UConn want?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Sounds like they are going to try to harass Kane and get in his head. Hope Kane and the rest of the Cyclones can battle through and win the game!

This team has a lot of mental toughness that has only improved since the tournaments started. I feel damn good about that.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I haven't watched UConn basketball this season. Napier mentions controlling tempo. What kind of tempo does UConn want?

I believe they would just like to slow our tempo. I think teams realize if we win the "tempo" game, we have the athletes and players to do that.

But also remember, KSU and NCCU and to an extent UNC all tried to "control the tempo"

Spam

May 21, 2008

UConn seems to have held their opponent to 70 or fewer points 28 times this season. ISU has scored 70 or under 1 time. Should be fun.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS

Slow us down and get us to score in the range of 50-60's instead of 70-80's we are averaging.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
“Kane is a great player but the problem is that everybody – you know, I think he’s definitely their motor. He gets them going. That’s what great players do. I’m pretty sure that if we try our best and try to contain him, which is sometimes difficult, because he’s seen everything. He’s seen and experienced everything throughout this year. We just got to try out best to contain him and they shoot a lot of threes and they make a lot of threes. We got to do a good job of contesting shots. We got to do a good job of rebounding the ball. And we just got to do a good job overall as a team of controlling the tempo we want.”

...while somewhat true lately, it looks like someone hasn't watched much ISU basketball this year...

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think it was after we beat K-State in the tournament, the team yelled "Family" instead of "Team" or "Cyclones" and that's when it hit me.

Big Daddy came in here, and got the whole team to buy into being a family. A family is more than a team. A family looks after each other and has each others backs.

And, just like a family member, he isn't making this about himself, he's making it about his family - The Cyclone family.

If you didn't know this team you would never think that Kane was a transfer and was only with ISU one season. The team and the fans have fully embraced him and vice versa.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

These guys were a family before Kane got here. The way they tweet back and forth with former players shows that.

Spam

May 21, 2008
In games that we've lost this year , opponents have scored an average of 84.2 points. Not sure slowing us down is going to work. You pretty much have to put up big numbers to beat us.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I believe they would just like to slow our tempo. I think teams realize if we win the "tempo" game, we have the athletes and players to do that.

But also remember, KSU and NCCU and to an extent UNC all tried to "control the tempo"

Many teams have tried - not many have succeeded in resulting in a win for them. I think the last one to do it was Baylor, with their zone, in the Big 12 tournament championship, but we did win that game.

I am glad made it known this is a team effort and not just about him. That is the mark of someone who has matured

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
These guys were a family before Kane got here. The way they tweet back and forth with former players shows that.

Yes, but the first time I heard brothers was from DeAndre and I think his use of that word and backing up that brought them even closer together. Seems like a small thing but it is powerful, and struck me as such as soon as he said it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

I'd consider them "good friends."

Not sure how many players across the entire college basketball nation would've been Kane in this picture.

5323cc3fae7c8.preview-620.jpg

And refusing to leave even after the ref tries to pull him away.

Oct 2, 2012
Iowa
I'd consider them "good friends."

Not sure how many players across the entire college basketball nation would've been Kane in this picture.

5323cc3fae7c8.preview-620.jpg

And refusing to leave even after the ref tries to pull him away.

I've noticed that Kane and Georges really feed off of each other. You can tell they've become really close to each other since Kane has arrived. Of course, any time any of them does something spectacular or boneheaded, Kane is the first one there to congratulate that person or calm them down. Me, personally, I can't believe how proud I am of Kane to come in and play the way he has. He truly does everything for this team because he wants the team to succeed. He could've easily come in and made it all about himself, but instead he's 100% invested into this team.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Georges looks seriously freaked out in that picture (understandably so; it's freaky to be bleeding from the head and you can't help but imagine the worst). Scalp just bleeds so much.