Joey Peterson Commits to the Cyclones

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I watch A LOT of HS football and I really think Iowa State is getting the top 4 instate kids who play on the line of scrimmage in the 21 class. I don’t care what recruiting rankings say, the film checks out on all 4(Johnson,Peterson, Sauser, Bonifas). This is a solid group
Who is Johnson?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Same reasons why his brother was so underrecruited.

Smaller school. Filled his body out later in highschool. Plays very well, but not a stat stuffer. His junior highlight isn’t anything special.

Not many college recruiters are licking their chops at a 3A guy who isn’t getting multiple sacks per game.

He’ll be very similar to his brother. Not many flashy plays, but a physical, does his job and a tough SOB.
I find it an interesting contest. 247 currently has Joey ranked 31st in the state, below some...unremarkable names. With the recent rerankings, it appears that they’re refusing to bump him up any further.

So, who’s right, the recruiting service, or Matt Campbell’s staff?

(Do I really need a jimlad?)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Same reasons why his brother was so underrecruited.

Smaller school. Filled his body out later in highschool. Plays very well, but not a stat stuffer. His junior highlight isn’t anything special.

Not many college recruiters are licking their chops at a 3A guy who isn’t getting multiple sacks per game.

He’ll be very similar to his brother. Not many flashy plays, but a physical, does his job and a tough SOB.

Yeah, when they offered, I assumed greyshirt. And maybe it was, we'll probably never know. I figured he would be a high motor guy that is a smaller version of his brother. But he grew the same way his brother did. He might not have Zach's frame, but it's a heck of a lot closer now than it was last spring.

Reactions: Aclone