Joey Peterson Commits to the Cyclones

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
In 5 games through his senior year he had 10 TFL's and 7 sacks. That is wild production in 5 games.

I was cautious initially but I like this recruit. Cyclone bloodlines, great frame to add a ton of size and weight, strong motor. Can never have enough of these types of guys. Typical recruit where you let Dave Andrews mold him for 2.5 years and turn him into an animal.

nickoff

Oct 14, 2017
Portland, OR
Peterson was double teamed most of the night and still got close the the QB to hurry the play many times.
He was just shoving guys backwards most of the game.
Glad he is coming to ISU.

Also, noticed NS played a bunch of 3 man front.... wonder where I seen that before lol....

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
I watch A LOT of HS football and I really think Iowa State is getting the top 4 instate kids who play on the line of scrimmage in the 21 class. I don’t care what recruiting rankings say, the film checks out on all 4(Johnson,Peterson, Sauser, Bonifas). This is a solid group

Reactions: Neptune78

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
He sure does seem like a player
took tall, lean and athletic
what are your thoughts about him and why wasn’t he recruitEd by more schools
seems a lot like his brother, kept growing and getting better his senior year
Same reasons why his brother was so underrecruited.

Smaller school. Filled his body out later in highschool. Plays very well, but not a stat stuffer. His junior highlight isn’t anything special.

Not many college recruiters are licking their chops at a 3A guy who isn’t getting multiple sacks per game.

He’ll be very similar to his brother. Not many flashy plays, but a physical, does his job and a tough SOB.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron