Joe Wieskamp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Trying to imagine if the kid in the thread title googles his name and comes up with this Farm Bureau/Iowa City is the Paris of Iowa (well other than the town actually called Paris, Iowa) crapfest.

johnnybgood

May 13, 2015
You need to learn the difference between a smart business move (it is) and a noble gesture (it is not, at least not for what most people think of when they hear "farmers").

And I've already told you, Farm Bureau is running actual farmers out of business. They're helping factory farms and big agribusiness bully family farmers out of business.

It can be a smart business move and a noble gesture (which it is), especially when you consider the different parties involved. ANF is good recognition and acknowledgment to farmers when they don't get near enough.

This is entirely inaccurate. Farm Bureau isn't running farmers out of business, the landscape of farming has simply changed from family farms being passed down from generation to larger farmers (who farm 75% of the land). It's a free market, and Farm Bureau and ANF aren't to blame for that. I thought you said you had insight, but your lack thereof is astounding considering how basic it is and how long this trend has been growing. I guess it's easier to always point the finger though.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
It can be a smart business move and a noble gesture (which it is), especially when you consider the different parties involved. ANF is good recognition and acknowledgment to farmers when they don't get near enough.

This is entirely inaccurate. Farm Bureau isn't running farmers out of business, the landscape of farming has simply changed from family farms being passed down from generation to larger farmers (who farm 75% of the land). It's a free market, and Farm Bureau and ANF aren't to blame for that. I thought you said you had insight, but your lack thereof is astounding considering how basic it is and how long this trend has been growing. I guess it's easier to always point the finger though.

OK.

johnnybgood

May 13, 2015

Just so you don't get caught in this embarrassing situation again...

Increased rates of college graduates, migrating out of Iowa, young people not settling in small towns, the inability to make a healthy income on a family farm (particularly when a farm is passed down and parents/grandparents aren't deceased), and higher operating costs are the main reasons family farms is a dying tradition. NOT Farm Bureau & NOT ANF.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
wtf_____gif__by_seanguy4-d7b2o0g.png

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Just so you don't get caught in this embarrassing situation again...

Increased rates of college graduates, migrating out of Iowa, young people not settling in small towns, the inability to make a healthy income on a family farm (particularly when a farm is passed down and parents/grandparents aren't deceased), and higher operating costs are the main reasons family farms is a dying tradition. NOT Farm Bureau & NOT ANF.

Thanks! ^^^ He's got it all figured out, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron