Joe Wieskamp 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I guess the up and coming, thriving metropolis of Iowa City with their 30 bars must have exploded up since I last drove through a little over a year ago.

It's grown to a point where you can not tell where Iowa City starts and Coralville stops.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
No, you did, and lost. First round exit is the last image of Hoiball.
What a short memory you have…
I think you selecting UAB to as your scoreboard when we are discussing ISU curb stomping the Hawks is more indicative of your "short comings".

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
It has history and a lot of symbolic meaning, of course they figured out how to monetize it. The message still has a good motive and is original, unlike ISU now marketing FARMSTRONG
http://programs.iowafarmbureau.com/anf/anfhistory.html#.VYrY-FI8LCQ

You don't have a clue about how marketing works, do you?

A: Farm Bureau wanted a better way to spend their marketing budget, so they created "America Needs Farmers" and gave UofI a boatload of money to use Hayden Fry's image in the campaign. It was successful, and they created a neat backstory about how "Hayden came up with the idea." MARKETING ******** LEVEL: HIGH

B: The message has a misleading motive, and a manufactured history. It's a successful advertising campaign, nothing more.

C: Recently, the same Iowa Farm Bureau who created "America Needs Farmers" 30 years ago decided to create a new marketing campaign to roll out with the marketing dollars spent at Iowa State University. So they created "FARMSTRONG". Then, just like 30 years ago in Iowa City, they wrote the check to Iowa State University to roll out the campaign, but ISU did not assign a coach's face to the campaign.

The only thing not original about the "FARMSTRONG" campaign is that Farm Bureau copied themselves.

The only motive of either MARKETING CAMPAIGN is to benefit factory farms, hog confinements, and big agribusiness by contributing to political campaigns, lobbying the seated politicians and writing policy that will remove regulations and protect the big businesses that are running family farms out of business.

But hey, if you believe what they're selling, it obviously works. You be you, Mr. Believe Everything They're Telling You Guy.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

A: Farm Bureau wanted a better way to spend their marketing budget, so they created "America Needs Farmers" and gave UofI a boatload of money to use Hayden Fry's image in the campaign. It was successful, and they created a neat backstory about how "Hayden came up with the idea." MARKETING ******** LEVEL: HIGH

B: The message has a misleading motive, and a manufactured history. It's a successful advertising campaign, nothing more.

C: Recently, the same Iowa Farm Bureau who created "America Needs Farmers" 30 years ago decided to create a new marketing campaign to roll out with the marketing dollars spent at Iowa State University. So they created "FARMSTRONG". Then, just like 30 years ago in Iowa City, they wrote the check to Iowa State University to roll out the campaign, but ISU did not assign a coach's face to the campaign.

The only thing not original about the "FARMSTRONG" campaign is that Farm Bureau copied themselves.

The only motive of either MARKETING CAMPAIGN is to benefit factory farms, hog confinements, and big agribusiness by contributing to political campaigns, lobbying the seated politicians and writing policy that will remove regulations and protect the big businesses that are running family farms out of business.

But hey, if you believe what they're selling, it obviously works. You be you, Mr. Believe Everything They're Telling You Guy.

The only idea he ever had was to get players paid and act all Ronald Reagan about it.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

johnnybgood

May 13, 2015

You seem like a 9/11 truther.
Whether you believe the Fry background story or not, I'm sure you have no insight, just a theory. He still agreed to it just as he agreed to put an American flag decal to support troops in the Gulf war, but the University was probably paid handsomely to do so too. It's rare that a program gives back to its state by acknowledging its identity is shaped by an industry or occupation, and the fact that it came during the farm crisis supports its intentions and that it's not just another ad being rolled out such as FARMSTRONG.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
You seem like a 9/11 truther.
Whether you believe the Fry background story or not, I'm sure you have no insight, just a theory. He still agreed to it just as he agreed to put an American flag decal to support troops in the Gulf war, but the University was probably paid handsomely to do so too. It's rare that a program gives back to its state by acknowledging its identity is shaped by an industry or occupation, and the fact that it came during the farm crisis supports its intentions and that it's not just another ad being rolled out such as FARMSTRONG.

You seem like an idiot.

I have more insight than you might realize. The fact that it was rolled out during the farm crisis supports the truth that it was Iowa Farm Bureau capitalizing on the public's emotion, kinda like when George W. Bush started two wars while people were ****** off about 9/11.

I have no doubts that Hayden Fry "agreed to it." He agreed to cash a nice check, too.

You probably think Shaq drives a Buick, don't you?

Last edited:

johnnybgood

May 13, 2015
You seem like an idiot.

I have more insight than you might realize. The fact that it was rolled out during the farm crisis supports the truth that it was Iowa Farm Bureau capitalizing on the public's emotion, kinda like when George W. Bush started two wars while people were ****** off about 9/11.

I have no doubts that Hayden Fry "agreed to it." He agreed to cash a nice check, too.

You probably think Shaq drives a Buick, don't you?

This is a theory, your theory. Let's pretend it's true, is commerce a bad thing, is the overall message or notoriety somehow diluted? Farm Bureau nor the University are '.orgs' last time I checked.

You think Farm Bureau paid off Fry? Not sure that's how it works buddy but I'll read about in in your blog sometime after the 9/11 and JFK conspiracy.

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
JFC. Not making fun of a goddam thing. Family full of farmers. That's a classic line from the classic movie Stripes. Get a f*cking clue before you presume every Hok fan out there hates farmers.

Go to the 1:00 mark.

[video=youtube;iTwIwfvNJLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTwIwfvNJLk[/video]

Sorry I was born 9 years after the film. Maybe you should lighten up. If you didn't know the movie, how else would you take the quote?

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
You think Farm Bureau paid off Fry? Not sure that's how it works buddy but I'll read about in in your blog sometime after the 9/11 and JFK conspiracy.

Fry was a paid spokesperson for ANF while he was the coach at Iowa. It's called a paid endorsement. ANF can buy ad time in the radio broadcast, they can buy signage at the stadium, but when they want a coach to put his face on something, that costs extra, payable to the owner of the face.

How about you sign up for this course next semester and until then quit wasting my time.

http://www.kirkwood.edu/site/index.php?d=512

johnnybgood

May 13, 2015
Fry was a paid spokesperson for ANF while he was the coach at Iowa. It's called a paid endorsement. ANF can buy ad time in the radio broadcast, they can buy signage at the stadium, but when they want a coach to put his face on something, that costs extra, payable to the owner of the face.

How about you sign up for this course next semester and until then quit wasting my time.

http://www.kirkwood.edu/site/index.php?d=512

Farm Bureau pays the most popular public figure in the state as their spokesperson in an effort they both believe in for a noble cause and tag line everyone can support. Shame on them.

I'm still waiting for you to respond as to why ANF is a bad thing...

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Farm Bureau pays the most popular public figure in the state as their spokesperson in an effort they both believe in for a noble cause and tag line everyone can support. Shame on them.

I'm still waiting for you to respond as to why ANF is a bad thing...

You need to learn the difference between a smart business move (it is) and a noble gesture (it is not, at least not for what most people think of when they hear "farmers").

And I've already told you, Farm Bureau is running actual farmers out of business. They're helping factory farms and big agribusiness bully family farmers out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.