Joe Lunardi's Bracketology 17-18

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Beyond KU, Baylor, and WV the two teams to watch will be TCU and Texas. I think people completely underestimate Shaka Smart. Texas was missing a good PG but has one now. With Jarret Allen returning and with this class Texas will be stacked. Scary good incoming roster.

http://texas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/Commits

Same thing has been said about Texas for a few years, they are bound to live up to it eventually... right?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Here's the thing about Iowa that most of their fans fail to consider: Yes, they have most of their players coming back, but so does the rest of the Big 10. Seriously, go take a look at the number of returning starters on nearly every Big 10 team next year. It's unreal. And, Iowa is losing it's best player and only real playmaker.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Here's the thing about Iowa that most of their fans fail to consider: Yes, they have most of their players coming back, but so does the rest of the Big 10. Seriously, go take a look at the number of returning starters on nearly every Big 10 team next year. It's unreal. And, Iowa is losing it's best player and only real playmaker.

They also have a bit of the Iowa State football problem. Sure you're returning most of your starters but if they weren't conference caliber players in one season why on earth would they all become conference caliber players in the same system in the following season. Sure, one is bound to break out because they have to. Average is average is average is average.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
My favorite part of the growing Hawk hysteria is that they conveniently forget they were manhandled by Indiana with a potential play-in berth on the line. Completely waxed. Not to mention losing at home to TCU.

Anyways, this obviously means nothing when it comes to next season, but it does point to Iowa State basketball gaining some national respect.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
The bar is pretty low to make the tourney if Iowa was a first four out this year. ISU's floor can't be much lower than how Iowa did this year; we'll have a higher ranked player at every position save Cook.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think right meow we are a 10 seed but would move up two seeds with Juiston and another decent player that can contribute next season. This team is going to be a lot better than many of you think.
Right now we are an NIT team at best.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Brilliant 2017-2018 analysis considering we still have four scholarships to fill.
I clearly said "Right now". It wasn't really analysis either. It's pretty clear that our current roster isn't making the NCAA tournament. It's also pretty clear that we won't go into next season with this roster so it's moot.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Right now I agree with you...of course, we were an NIT team in January too. By next March my money is on Coach Prohm to return us to the Dance...his track record these past 2 years demonstrates this...
Like I said, it's a moot point. As is bracketology on this date. It's click bait.