JBo KO’d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Was this around early 80’s? There was a boxer Brian Pantzlaff (spelling) that looked like a red headed farm boy wearing bib overalls. But when he got into the ring, that wasn’t some hick from French Lick. He was from Bettendorf.

When I was around 14, I watched a 5'6" little red head dude kick the hell out of a 6'3" bodybuilder dude and then put him in a head scissors and while he was choking him out start threatening the dude's friends. I have kept that guy's name out of my mouth since.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I can confirm that JBO was throwing ice form the 2nd floor at DC's. My little brother is a Senior at Iowa and has multiple friends that witnessed it.
See, that might work in junior high, but add in moody, drunk college kids and someone is going to take offense and turn out your lights. Just not a good thing to do.

Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can confirm that JBO was throwing ice form the 2nd floor at DC's. My little brother is a Senior at Iowa and has multiple friends that witnessed it.

I really don't think I've ever seen someone do something like that in a bar.

I've seen lots of stupid stuff, but that's just...weird.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
did his friends say anything about if they saw the punch?

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Information I've learned in the past 48 hours
- Bohannon instigated the fight by throwing drinks and ice at a group of people from the floor above them in DC's
- He was not sucker punched. I've heard this from two separate sources
- He refused medical assistance on scene
- People that know him are concerned about his drinking
- He is incredibly embarrassed

Information I've learned recently and over the years
- His teammates hate him
- Fran did not want him back on the team and only took him back because CJ left. He felt he "needed" him and had to sell the team on the idea
- Iowa's PR Department is a joke and that press release is another example of that

If I hear any more I'll be sure to share

Can we get confirmation that the guy that punched him is a Hawk fan please? I'm getting sick of the narrative that this is somehow Cy Hawk related. (Even if it is a Cyclone fan it's pretty clear this isn't rivalry related. It's not like he got jumped on the way home from the library)

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Bohannon was hooking up with Pemsl's girlfriend. Pemsl went to go fight him, it got broken up and Pemsl got an OWI that night. Pemsl told the coaches Bohannon leaves or he does (Bohannon did almost leave too)

For the Hok fans that love him, if they only knew the damage he's done to team chemistry the last couple of years, they'd probably hate him. I can't imagine a single Iowa player is excited to have him on their team next fall.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
is his "serious head injury" a concussion?

apparently, I've witnessed so many assaults and I didn't know it. kinda always felt that if you were trying to get into a fight and you did...then lost...it was not assault...it was life.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I really don't think I've ever seen someone do something like that in a bar.

I've seen lots of stupid stuff, but that's just...weird.
Have you been to DC's? It happens more than it should there because of the layout of 2nd floor.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
If there are any criminal charges filed, it's obvious JorBo's phone will be confiscated by the police. I would bet JorBo has already deleted his video, although I'm guessing the video he took can still be recovered.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan
Status
Not open for further replies.