Jarvis West Fumble

PKT13

Jun 18, 2014
Wasn't a fumble. It was an interception. If that ball ended up on the ground it would have easily been called incomplete.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Yep knee on the ground. No way that is an interception. The problem is these refs are getting the call flat out wrong on the field and the video evidence has to be overwhelming. Do we ever get the breaks? How about we are the home team, shouldn't get a call or two at home every now and again? Man the crap we have put with from officials in both football and basketball over years. Oh well, such as life as a Cyclone fan.

Last edited:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Well it looks to me like West has it clearly tucked in his arms when his knee touches the ground, and in the previous picture he sure isn't bobbling the ball. Yes the KSU guy stole it from him, but shouldn't the play be over? I guess you have to play for Texas to get a call.....

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Yup. As our most balls that end up in the defenders hands before a catch is made are called interceptions.

So we are finally getting to the real issue that you don't believe Jarvis has control of the ball while he is down.

I'm not sure what you believe the picture above shows?

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Yup. As are most balls that end up in the defenders hands before a catch is made are called interceptions.
I would argue that a catch had been made. It looks like JW had two hands on the ball and his knee was on the ground, which would be a catch and he would have been called down. This reminds me of Seattle-Green Bay.

isubucky72

Apr 10, 2006
Iowa
Help me understand. West has possession and a knee down, doesn't that end the play in this case? If you have a different series of pix that show otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing them.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I understand the refs calling it an interception in real time... Once the play was over, KSU had the ball. It sucks that reply couldn't overturn it, but Jarvis needs to hang onto that ball so it's never a question.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
PKT13 also believes that the play should not have been reviewed at the end of the 1st half, Don Denkinger's call for the Royals was correct in 1985 and Colorado could have actually had 6 downs instead of just 5 against Missouri.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Horrific call, considering they reviewed it.

I love picture #! of the hundred pictures.

KSU's punter seems lonely.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Help me understand. West has possession and a knee down, doesn't that end the play in this case? If you have a different series of pix that show otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing them.

You don't get still shot pics and slow motion in real time. Once Jarvis was down, which is obvious from that pic, the defender stole the ball and got up with it. It happened so fast that the refs had to call it an interception. I personally thought the replay in the stadium showed he was down, but obviously the refs, who seemed to review it for nearly 3 or 4 minutes, didn't see anything conclusive to overturn. Like I said, in the end, Jarvis has to maintain possession of that ball so it's never a question.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron