JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
TV money isn’t as important as you think for the best athletic departments

it’s less than 30% of iowa’s annual AD revenue, and less than 25% of Wisconsin’s. The big ten has elite fundraisers catering to more wealthy, educated fans due to the depth and quality of the degrees offered by the schools over multiple decades.
This is an all time LOL.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Beating Iowa does not matter for our program. Once upon a time, it was the only way to get noticed by the media and casual fans. It doesn’t serve that same purpose anymore. I don’t care if we lose to Iowa if we win conference games.

Time to get over it.

some people get that. The AD is not one of those people.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What bothered me about the mens basketball game was that for like the 5th year in a row Iowa flat out just out efforted us in the first 8 minutes and it reflected on the scoreboard. We take the same bad shots over and over and they knock down clean looks. It's unbelievable how predictable it is.

Can't argue this at all. Not that it's an excuse, but its clear the game meant more to Iowa (should have meant more to us). Their players all grew up in Iowa and most of ours didn't. Wish we could figure out how to get up for this game more.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I've heard from some fairly well connected people that he would be the choice as of now. Things can change though.

Total BS statement, because the current coach is not looking to leave NOW. You have a head coach that has more power than the AD, if push comes to shove, and someone is forced out, Barta knows it would be him.

I could see Freerents coaching for a 3 more years, and if his son is not ready, either stick around a few more years, or give the job to Parker for a few years, with the idea that little Freerents is the coach in waiting. Reward Parker for the good job that he has done, and give the son a few more years of seasoning.

It might work, it might not, but can anyone name a son that followed his father in a P5 job, that was anywhere near as good as the old man? Maybe Bowden, at FSU, he was the only one that I could think of.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Beating Iowa does not matter for our program. Once upon a time, it was the only way to get noticed by the media and casual fans. It doesn’t serve that same purpose anymore. I don’t care if we lose to Iowa if we win conference games.

Time to get over it.
Im ok with you continuing to lose to the Hawks as well.

Help Support Us

Become a patron