Jamie's level of concern pertaining to Iowa

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
In basketball Iowa has dominated ISU in in-state recruiting pretty much every year except 2020. And that hasn't exactly yielded on the court dominance over the decades. While ISU has been more competitive in recruiting in-state in football, Iowa continues to dominate there. Yet the two football teams have had relatively similar success over the past three years.

Winning the Iowa recruiting battles would be nice, but quite frankly it's not all that important if you get talent from elsewhere.
No, not this year.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Pretty dumb take by Paul. Bumbling Bruce hired one coach in those three sports IIRC and that was Wayne Morgan

Doesn't he have the highest winning % for any ISU coach in their first three seasons? At the time I know he did.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Doesn't he have the highest winning % for any ISU coach in their first three seasons? At the time I know he did.

He started well I remember. A lot of that was because he was the head recruiter and Stinson and Blalock threatened to look elsewhere if Morgan wasn’t hired. Having those two come in along with having some quality bigs allows you to get a jump out of the gate.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Pretty dumb take by Paul. Bumbling Bruce hired one coach in those three sports IIRC and that was Wayne Morgan

Fewer coaches hired the better typically for an AD. I mean most AD's don't get a chance to hire a 2nd football coach, somehow Pollard got 3 chances at both football and basketball coaches.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Remember when you said Luka Garza was a bench player at best for ISU.... good times.
He probably got that opinion from this geneous
Garza and Bohannon are P5 level players, but due to their physical limitations would be better suited in supporting roles or coming off the bench.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins and BCClone

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
In basketball Iowa has dominated ISU in in-state recruiting pretty much every year except 2020. And that hasn't exactly yielded on the court dominance over the decades. While ISU has been more competitive in recruiting in-state in football, Iowa continues to dominate there. Yet the two football teams have had relatively similar success over the past three years.

Winning the Iowa recruiting battles would be nice, but quite frankly it's not all that important if you get talent from elsewhere.

Not sure what "recruiting battles" you are referring to_Other than Wieskamp, ISU has not offered anyone on the Iowa Roster in a long time. ISU never offered JorBo, Kriener, Pemsl, either McCaffery, etc. So I guess ISU can take Foster and call it a day.

Longer term, it you want to look at winning recruiting battles in Iowa, Roy Williams has owned both schools.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Fewer coaches hired the better typically for an AD. I mean most AD's don't get a chance to hire a 2nd football coach, somehow Pollard got 3 chances at both football and basketball coaches.

Between football and basketball, who was a bad hire?