Jamie's level of concern pertaining to Iowa

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
I would much rather beat conference teams than Iowa. If you get you undies bunched up over one game, you may want to learn to relax and put things into perspective. If you want to go back to the days Mac and beat Iowa and lose most of the rest of our games, I don’t know what to tell you.
Who ever said it was ONLY Iowa?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe it's acceptable to you to lose year after year after ****ing year to the Hawkeyes. Then listen to their holier than thou fans (especially in eastern Iowa) boast about how superior they are to their peasant counterpart Cyclone fans...
I'm tired of it. Many fans are tired of it. Iowa manages to beat us and have successful seasons. To think we can't do that too is a loser mentality. And I refuse to continue to think like that because some people are thinking it has to be one or the other. BS! Start beating the effin Hawkeyes!!

I'm an eastern Iowa resident and can say that outside of two days a year Iowa/ISU doesn't even register with 90% of people here, even self described supporters of both schools. People are honestly far more easily worked up over politics on a daily basis than they are this rivalry. You can judge for yourself which obsession is more healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So we had footballcoach that put a huge emphasis on the Iowa game and did relatively well in them, yet they were removed because the overall record was poor. Now we have a coach that puts emphasis into the conference season and has done very well with that. But since he lost the Iowa game, there are still some that aren't satisfied?

For basketball, what do you want? A coach like Fran that peaks in December and fades in the new year, or a coach that has his team get better as the season progresses? If you put emphasis on a game in December, your team is going to burn out before March. Is that worth it?

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Yes, I disagree with all of Bartas fundamentals. Why would I agree with a hawk AD?

so creative.

if pollard cared as much about conference teams as he does about iowa, and about other sports as much as he does cross country maybe we would get a competitive athletic department for all the revenue we bring in and debt we’ve issued.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
so creative.

if pollard cared as much about conference teams as he does about iowa, and about other sports as much as he does cross country maybe we would get a competitive athletic department for all the revenue we bring in and debt we’ve issued.
1) First man up and stop using we because we know you are a hawk troll.

2) Competitive compared to whom? We won the men’s tourney last year and finished tied for third this year in football and those are the two big sports. So who are we to compare ourselves to?

3) Please tell me how much debt we have. I would like to know how much you think we have.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
so creative.

What evidence do you have that Jamie gives two ***** about Iowa? The only difference about Iowa than the rest of our opponents is the biennial smear campaign that the Iowa AD puts out to the media. Then, once Pollard puts him in his place by exposing his lies, the Iowa AD works quickly to get it out if the news. Other than that, just another game.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
What evidence do you have that Jamie gives two ***** about Iowa? The only difference about Iowa than the rest of our opponents is the biennial smear campaign that the Iowa AD puts out to the media. Then, once Pollard puts him in his place by exposing his lies, the Iowa AD works quickly to get it out if the news. Other than that, just another game.
Lol, gtfo

I have only seen one other AD try to interject themself into the culture more than pollard, and that guy was actually a successful football coach.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Based on sources I have within the AD, JP appreciates coaches who really search nation wide for the best talent to bring to Iowa State.

Iowa State dominates nationally, Iowa dominates regionally.

This will end up making us typically the better team, but Iowa is always going. To want to beat us more.
Kind of odd.

I can’t imagine any team or fan base accepting another team wanting it more. The “they wanted it more” excuse is unacceptable. The coaches get paid lots. They should want it. Prohm has built a bridge to past teams and players they can communicate the importance and intensity of the game. Like prohm. Have liked him. Supported him and his teams all over the country at games. The they wanted it more is chicken ****.

• Agree
Reactions: timinatoria

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Lol, gtfo

I have only seen one other AD try to interject themself into the culture more than pollard, and that guy was actually a successful football coach.
You don’t like pollards trolling? You like Jorbo’s. Both bug the other side. Irony.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Sadly, when we lose to Iowa it impacts instate recruiting. Is it the most important game of the year? Heck no, but it’s damned important to Iowans. Losing to them hurts me worse than losing to an Oklahoma mainly because state bragging rights are involved. Especially when you know they aren’t a better team. The only one I can say that about this year is MBB.
In basketball Iowa has dominated ISU in in-state recruiting pretty much every year except 2020. And that hasn't exactly yielded on the court dominance over the decades. While ISU has been more competitive in recruiting in-state in football, Iowa continues to dominate there. Yet the two football teams have had relatively similar success over the past three years.

Winning the Iowa recruiting battles would be nice, but quite frankly it's not all that important if you get talent from elsewhere.