Jamie Pollard 30 minute Radio Interview

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
After the Andy Fales segment that everyone came here and complained about, not sure why he has die-hard fans here. The time when Iowa had there typical flash in the pan moment in basketball before the collapse and he told Cyclone fans to just give up and quit abusing their children by putting them in Cyclone gear. It's either what he truly believes or some not funny BS troll effort. Ultimately Murphy is in charge and responsible for all the **** put out by the rest of them.
Agree. I think Murphy has a lot of people fooled.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Hunting isn't so much fun when the rabbit has a gun.

Exactly. None of the local guys can handle any pushback on stuff they say/write. This is what happens when reporters create stories (and perpetuate them for seemingly ever) instead of just reporting on stories.

There used to be a well-defined line between an article (facts) and a column (opinion). Since the Register doesn't have any pure columnists left, the beat writers have to do both -- and simply inject their own opinion into stories that don't need it.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Being ranked may not happen often, but for the older ISU fans, it has been done before. The year with Seneca Wallace we were ranked 9th I believe.

Horrible game. We were 6-1 and Seneca was the favorite to win the Heisman. I just got to Cancun the day before for a week vacation. I left the beach to check the score. It was 2nd quarter and believe we were down 28-0. Seneca was something like 3-15 with 2 INTs and 12 yards passing at that point. Took a little luster off the trip. ISU cratered the rest of the season too.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Horrible game. We were 6-1 and Seneca was the favorite to win the Heisman. I just got to Cancun the day before for a week vacation. I left the beach to check the score. It was 2nd quarter and believe we were down 28-0. Seneca was something like 3-15 with 2 INTs and 12 yards passing at that point. Took a little luster off the trip. ISU cratered the rest of the season too.

We were ranked 9th for this Oklahoma game, they were 2nd. Similar situation this year where we are sky high playing a top team. Hope and expect a better result and season outcome.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
So many interviews where they just want to hear themselves talk and not the person being interviewed. And interrupting is rude whether you are a "journalist" or not.

This is a big problem right now in all of news. People don't understand that a "journalist" can mean many things. You're thinking of reporters, who report, describe, and summarize news. Journalists can also be analysts. They provide a research-supported perspective on the reported news. Journalists can also be editorialists. These are your hot-take artists that people seem to hate.

Understanding that Andy Fales is primarily an editorialist is your first step in understanding Andy Fales. This is not 1982. Many of these "journalists" share the same mediums. It is up to you to decipher who is reporting, who is analyzing, and who is editorializing. Just because you don't understand the landscape doesn't mean they are being irresponsible or betraying their duty as "journalists".

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This is a big problem right now in all of news. People don't understand that a "journalist" can mean many things. You're thinking of reporters, who report, describe, and summarize news. Journalists can also be analysts. They provide a research-supported perspective on the reported news. Journalists can also be editorialists. These are your hot-take artists that people seem to hate.

Understanding that Andy Fales is primarily an editorialist is your first step in understanding Andy Fales. This is not 1982. Many of these "journalists" share the same mediums. It is up to you to decipher who is reporting, who is analyzing, and who is editorializing. Just because you don't understand the landscape doesn't mean they are being irresponsible or betraying their duty as "journalists".
No, the problem is they pass off their editorial opinion as facts. In other words, trolling, and then they get pissy when their audience calls them out on it. Knowing your audience is a key to any media member. Sorry, they may want to flip back and forth between editorial journalism (lol) and reporting at the whim of their agendas and narratives, but the customer is always right.

Andy and Murph, or any of the KXNO trolls are not worth my time and certainly not my money. I already own YeahBuddy here on CF. Hines is okay when he sticks to reporting, breaking down what went wrong or right, etc. The more he blends in his common contrarian opinions he becomes replaceable with trolls. It’s a shame he’s forced to resort to that for attention, I thought he had more talent than that.

Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
No, the problem is they pass off their editorial opinion as facts. In other words, trolling, and then they get pissy when their audience calls them out on it. Knowing your audience is a key to any media member. Sorry, they may want to flip back and forth between editorial journalism (lol) and reporting at the whim of their agendas and narratives, but the customer is always right.

Andy and Murph, or any of the KXNO trolls are not worth my time and certainly not my money. I already own YeahBuddy here on CF. Hines is okay when he sticks to reporting, breaking down what went wrong or right, etc. The more he blends in his common contrarian opinions he becomes replaceable with trolls. It’s a shame he’s forced to resort to that for attention, I thought he had more talent than that.

Editorial is part of journalism. There's no lol to it. You're thinking of reporting, which is also part of journalism. Andy Fales is not a reporter. Dylan Montz is a reporter. Just because you can't figure out the difference for yourself doesn't mean they are wrong. Media literacy is a real thing, and they tried to teach us in middle school. Unfortunately many weren't paying attention, or for the older folks, were never taught.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Editorial is part of journalism. There's no lol to it. You're thinking of reporting, which is also part of journalism. Andy Fales is not a reporter. Dylan Montz is a reporter. Just because you can't figure out the difference for yourself doesn't mean they are wrong. Media literacy is a real thing, and they tried to teach us in middle school. Unfortunately many weren't paying attention, or for the older folks, were never taught.

Andy Fales is a troll. Maybe you can ramp up your condescension though, it's kind of weak.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You’re stuck in the ‘80’s, my friend, and potentially not intelligent enough for this conversation. I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

First, the medium used was a sports talk show, which is nothing more than a sports message board in a different form. They are shock jock amateurs. Second, columnist or reporter, it doesn’t matter, you must know your audience. Third, the burden is always in those delivering the message, not those receiving the message. That’s very basic and if you don’t understand that you are ill-equipped for this discussion.

At one time talentless hacks in the media could troll without repercussions or criticism. Now there are an endless list of options for what columnists provide and ways to voice displeasure besides just with the wallet.

It’s a common weakness of people in media with little talent to resort to the back and forth of reporting and editorial depending on what’s neeed to fit the narrative and agenda. You’re likely one to be easily fooled and don’t pick up on this.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You’re stuck in the ‘80’s, my friend, and potentially not intelligent enough for this conversation. I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

First, the medium used was a sports talk show, which is nothing more than a sports message board in a different form. They are shock jock amateurs. Second, columnist or reporter, it doesn’t matter, you must know your audience. Third, the burden is always in those delivering the message, not those receiving the message. That’s very basic and if you don’t understand that you are ill-equipped for this discussion.

At one time talentless hacks in the media could troll without repercussions or criticism. Now there are an endless list of options for what columnists provide and ways to voice displeasure besides just with the wallet.

It’s a common weakness of people in media with little talent to resort to the back and forth of reporting and editorial depending on what’s neeed to fit the narrative and agenda. You’re likely one to be easily fooled and don’t pick up on this.

Radio is the medium. Sports radio is notoriously editorial. You wouldn't see Fales deliver What's Bugging Andy on the 6 p.m. WHO news. Shock jock, hot take artist, troll, sure, whatever you want to call it. It's editorial and intentionally provocative. The radio broadcaster (Fales) in this case is not a reporter. He is on sports radio. The audience understands that this is a more open forum than a news broadcast. Fales clearly understands his audience because it's being discussed here, which you grant is a similar environment to sports radio. His content and delivery fit the medium, and the audience understands the relationship between medium and content. Unless you're FinalFourCy, who can't tell the difference between a sports radio show and a news report.

It's a common strength of very talented people in the media to understand which medium they are participating in and delivering accordingly. These are known as sports personalities, and their talents are diverse and difficult to develop. The only narrative or agenda on a sports radio show is engagement and listeners.

But I guess I'll send my journalism degree back to Iowa State.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Radio is the medium. Sports radio is notoriously editorial. You wouldn't see Fales deliver What's Bugging Andy on the 6 p.m. WHO news. Shock jock, hot take artist, troll, sure, whatever you want to call it. It's editorial and intentionally provocative. The radio broadcaster (Fales) in this case is not a reporter. He is on sports radio. The audience understands that this is a more open forum than a news broadcast. Fales clearly understands his audience because it's being discussed here, which you grant is a similar environment to sports radio. His content and delivery fit the medium, and the audience understands the relationship between medium and content. Unless you're FinalFourCy, who can't tell the difference between a sports radio show and a news report.

It's a common strength of very talented people in the media to understand which medium they are participating in and delivering accordingly. These are known as sports personalities, and their talents are diverse and difficult to develop. The only narrative or agenda on a sports radio show is engagement and listeners.

But I guess I'll send my journalism degree back to Iowa State.

I'll say this as someone that is generally very pro-journalism. Journalists are not doing themselves many favors in relation to public perception.