Jamie Pollard 30 minute Radio Interview

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They said Sears proposed the idea of that kind of interview with Lazard and he agreed to it. That was their out. "He (Lazard) made the call," they said.

They threw a high school football player under the bus for a bad idea that came from people who are supposed to be a professional. Why would those guys think that having the interview done that way would NOT be insulting to ISU. "Really, you are going to Iowa State? I mean, Notre Dame and all these other programs with storied histories are after you and you are choosing Iowa State? Really? No hesitation about this decision? Really, you are picking Iowa State? For real?"

I would have had a little more respect for them had they said, "Yeah, it probably wasn't the best decision on our part to allow the interview to be conducted like that."

Personally, I think Andy and Keith are pretty unbiased. Sears is not.

Exactly. It was really unprofessional. At best it showed they valued amateur work of an associate over their core listening/viewing audience.

To make it even worse a 5* Iowa recruit actually did flip to Alabama exactly as Sears was prodding Lazard about just a week or two after that ridiculous piece, almost no coverage of that.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Has anyone asked the coaching staff why kyle was a third string QB, after the off season (not even backup). Is it because he is a silent guy and did not speak up for himself or was he doing something in the off season that made the coaches make their decision.

I am really interested in the answer to this question, if someone knows. Otherwise one of the reports should ask the Coach.

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Has anyone asked the coaching staff why kyle was a third string QB, after the off season (not even backup). Is it because he is a silent guy and did not speak up for himself or was he doing something in the off season that made the coaches make their decision.

I am really interested in the answer to this question, if someone knows. Otherwise one of the reports should ask the Coach.

If only I'd have known I could've talked my way up the depth chart.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Why does it matter? Only play one at a time.
It's really not that hard to figure out.

Kyle a walk on and a Senior. He's the "in case of emergency break glass" QB

Zeb is Freshman. He's the guy that benefits from garbage time by getting experience.
As long as Park is the starter no reason to change.

When it was time to take the field in Norman Coach knew who he wanted.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Why does it matter? Only play one at a time.
It's really not that hard to figure out.

Kyle a walk on and a Senior. He's the "in case of emergency break glass" QB

Zeb is Freshman. He's the guy that benefits from garbage time by getting experience.
As long as Park is the starter no reason to change.

When it was time to take the field in Norman Coach knew who he wanted.

"Can someone ask why the QB who led us to the best win in school history and led us back into the rankings was 3rd string?"

"It's obvious"

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The thing that drives me crazy about Hines is that he acts like he is so much better than sports. He clearly thinks sports fans are idiots. Which is fine, but his job is only a job because there are sports fans.

I think he just tries to hard to act like he’s totally objective and above it all, and it comes off bad. Just my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I'm guessing Kempt shines in games more than he does in practice just because his ultra calm demeanor doesn't show up in non-contact. And, it's probably not a great idea to send a RSFR out for his first start ever @ OU. A game like that could ruin a young QB for his career.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Personally, I think Andy and Keith are pretty unbiased. Sears is not.

But it is funny to watch Sears attempt to be impartial.

im-awkward.gif

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
A thread about JP's interview and most of us are just talking about the announcers and some dislike for a person not even involved in said interview....but hey, it's a web forum, right? I digress...

I thought the interview was a great one. JP is a down-to-Earth AD who won't shy away from his true feelings on the media, the team, and the future. Even nice to know he has a football HC who basically shares his sentiment. I'll never forget my college roommate, back when JP was hired, who told me about his experience at Wisconsin; "He has crazy ideas, but they're ideas that work. He has a clean slate at Iowa State; let him build." 12 years later, I see what he meant by that.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The thing that drives me crazy about Hines is that he acts like he is so much better than sports. He clearly thinks sports fans are idiots. Which is fine, but his job is only a job because there are sports fans.
Hines doesn’t drive me crazy, I just don’t think he’s very good.

A common contrarian typically seems interesting at first glance, but then you catch on.

Reactions: Schfinkter

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron