Jake Campos Injured

CyTexMex

Jan 25, 2016
Sounds like he is confirmed out for the season now. Hang in there Jake and hope you get a 6th year to come back and dominate for the Clones!!

CyTexMex

Jan 25, 2016
I think he gets a medical redshirt and comes back next year to lead CMC and the team to a good bowl game. Hope they don't rush him back this year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I think he gets a medical redshirt and comes back next year to lead CMC and the team to a good bowl game. Hope they don't rush him back this year.
He still has eligibility, so he's coming back no matter what next year. Troll.

Clone2Dbone

Dec 10, 2015
Everyone is jumping to medical conclusions, and it seems likely even his doctors are as yet unsure how long he will be out with the broken ankle. I highly doubt any definitive word has filtered to anyone posting here on the board unless its Chris Williams.

I broke my ankle about 15 years ago, and was back running and playing basketball within a month. That was a small "crack" and I'm guessing the possibilities range from 6 weeks to a full season for recovery in Campos' case. If he can make it back by late October for our final 5 weeks, that will limit how much his absence impacts the season. Depth on the OL is a problem, but it becomes increasingly so in the last half of the year. If he returns at that time, we may just be all right...JGJ seems like he will be an adequate replacement, or Fett may even shift out to Right Tackle. Either way, this hurts some but its not "devastating" as some seem to be suggesting.

I reserve the right to change my optimistic view on that, however, until I see how many other injuries we have along the OL in the pre and early season. If our starting five stay mostly healthy, this isn't a huge thing...that said, any more serious injuries and...well...there is always next year.
I sincerely hope your optimism is warranted. But if I were a betting man, sadly, my money would be on an ACL tear.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
So - Tom Manning is now on the spot. OL COY has to show why he got the award. Losing the experienced starter and having freshmen to rely on? Staff loaded up on DB's and safeties - little depth at OL so the feeling must have been they were good right? I sure hope so - my season tix look a little less shiny today - all jacked with the coach and players raised relief, had my seatbacks ordered - now this. This other shoe dropping crap has to end - the absolute worst area to lose someone on this team. I drank that Kool-Aid like it was the elixir of life - just another snake oil charlatan trick by JP. Realize season has not started but getting bad vibes now from coach about players attitude and now injury. Walk ons beating out scoli players - man oh man. I chastised others in another thread about wearing cardinal and gold glasses - I am now tasting crow and it sucks!.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So - Tom Manning is now on the spot. OL COY has to show why he got the award. Losing the experienced starter and having freshmen to rely on? Staff loaded up on DB's and safeties - little depth at OL so the feeling must have been they were good right? I sure hope so - my season tix look a little less shiny today - all jacked with the coach and players raised relief, had my seatbacks ordered - now this. This other shoe dropping crap has to end - the absolute worst area to lose someone on this team. I drank that Kool-Aid like it was the elixir of life - just another snake oil charlatan trick by JP. Realize season has not started but getting bad vibes now from coach about players attitude and now injury. Walk ons beating out scoli players - man oh man. I chastised others in another thread about wearing cardinal and gold glasses - I am now tasting crow and it sucks!.

Yes, they turned down 15 quality offensive linemen because they wanted more DBs. o_O

They had a tiny amount of time to bring in new guys this off season and they did the best they could. Big12 caliber OL don't grow on trees.

I think they did great to bring in the grad transfer center from Minnesota, Brian Bobek. He has a ton of experience and if he can get back up to speed might be able to help the OL a lot this year.

Building quality depth on the OL takes YEARS.

Not a staff on this planet could instantly fix our OL depth in a few months. Nick Saban could have been brought in and he couldn't instantly fix things.

If you can't handle the rebuilding process I suggest you sell your season tickets to someone else and go to the tavern to watch the hoks.

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

WOW! I think they have medicine for depression like yours.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

So how exactly was pollard a snake oil salesman?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

You drank instant Kool-Aid? It's OK to think it'll take a couple years.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
jesusfriedchicken.jpg

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Wow - you posters who blast others as stupid, dumb etc...are worst kind of fans. Hopefully you all realize forums are for people to express opinions and voice their concerns. Social bullying as you display is tantamount to cowardice. Based on your flippant responses and asinine behavior I wonder if you really have lives or troll on here to make yourself feel better about your insignificant existence? Go home to your mommies and get a job posers - real fans don't need you! I go to games to cheer and write about my concerns and displeasure - not for your amusement or attacks. Kiss my a**!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Wow - you posters who blast others as stupid, dumb etc...are worst kind of fans. Hopefully you all realize forums are for people to express opinions and voice their concerns. Social bullying as you display is tantamount to cowardice. Based on your flippant responses and asinine behavior I wonder if you really have lives or troll on here to make yourself feel better about your insignificant existence? Go home to your mommies and get a job posers - real fans don't need you! I go to games to cheer and write about my concerns and displeasure - not for your amusement or attacks. Kiss my a**!

All I can do is laugh because I am not sure if this is a serious post. If it is, once again, WOW!

signed,

Insignificant social bullier coward with no job and is a bad fan