ISU-UNI POST game thread

Apr 14, 2006
Why aren't they going to Blythe more? How many incomplete passes were in his direction? Did he drop any passes?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Re: Okay, ISU sucks

I think that saying that they suck is putting it nicely. I will be here, taking this beating all season. Chizik needs to go. I'm sorry.

Yeah, let's hire Dan MCarney back. He should have the privilege of coaching the disaster he left here...

And yes, you are sorry...

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Stated before to said more - we all knew this year would be rough. And we all should know next year may be rough too. But the year after that and we should start to get back to were we want to be.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
There are at least a couple of disgruntled fans who want Chizik gone, yes.

I'd be interested to find out who they think the next coach should be.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
A little tip for you all...

If you view the scoreboard at ESPN, there is a pull-down menu that lets you switch seasons. If you select 2003, it shows our victory against Iowa. I can almost make myself pretend it is 2003 by doing this! (I had forgotten that they were ranked #8 and we had struggled against Illinois St. the previous week.) Aah, ignorance is bliss.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Stated before to said more - we all knew this year would be rough. And we all should know next year may be rough too. But the year after that and we should start to get back to were we want to be.

Wait until next-next year??? Well I am a Cubs fan so I'm used to it I guess.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
This "new system" is just Barney ball all over again. Someone explain to me what it is that we are doing any different than last year with the play calling. You could say that we are running the ball better but that is because Bass is better, not the play calling. QB draw is still our favorite play. I think McFarland found Barney's playbook laying around the Jacobson building that just went with it. Why don't we see the spread offense? Why are there quick pass plays like UNI burned us with? Why aren't we throwing to the TE more often? Why not more plays to the RB and HB out of the backfield? I don't see what is so complex about our offense. I hear they are learning a new system but there are no new plays. Show me what they have learned.

Coaching? Talent? I really don't know. But we just got out hustled, out coached, out talented by a D1AA team.

If we win a game this season, I'll be surprised at this point. In the last poll, I had us at 2 wins. UNI was 1 of them. I don't see us getting another.

I can't wait for Bball to start.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
A little tip for you all...

If you view the scoreboard at ESPN, there is a pull-down menu that lets you switch seasons. If you select 2003, it shows our victory against Iowa. I can almost make myself pretend it is 2003 by doing this! (I had forgotten that they were ranked #8 and we had struggled against Illinois St. the previous week.) Aah, ignorance is bliss.

You can only hope that there will be at least some kind of improvement during the rest of the season but tonight was a huge blow.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
we should probably wait until then because chizik even said at the beginning of spring practices that these players are not big 12 caliber players. So wait to see what he brings in then we can judge what kind of true coach he is...anyway dont be bashing on him for what mac brought to our program!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Chizik isn't the one dropping the ball and missing tackles. He also didn't recruit some of these underacheivers.

He does need to realize what he has at the punt return and kicker positions a little sooner than he did, however.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Sanders got a LOT better in his career and Bret got worse. I was in the corner and from behind could see Sanders just throwing to an area and knowing his recievers would be there.
2 years in a row we've made him look like a Heisman trophy winner.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Just to add to the misery...

Any guesses as to how many Big 12 teams lost to a 1-AA school tonight?

One.

Any guesses as to how many Big 12 teams lost at all tonight?

One. (With Colorado still playing as of this writing.)

Depressing.

cyclone432

Oct 14, 2006
Being dominated by UNI wasn't even the worst of it....

the worst of it is that the majority of UNI's players wouldn't even MAKE the team for Texas or Oklahoma....its gonna get ugly

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Chizik isn't the one dropping the ball and missing tackles. He also didn't recruit some of these underacheivers.

He does need to realize what he has at the punt return and kicker positions a little sooner than he did, however.

I will be the first to say there are major problems here, but it is a little early to blame Chizik and his staff. For one thing this team is still made up of players that just plain fold up whenever anything goes wrong.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm still hoping that somehow ISU wins at least one game. The best hope seems to be Toledo. It appears that both teams will be winless when the game is played. Somebody will have to win.