ISU Ranked on Worst FBS Uni's

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
The picture is from '87, but the two guys in the background are wearing "throwback" band unis from 1978.

Cy-homecoming-1987.jpg

That's the one.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

I agree with him on the logo. We had a unique logo with the spinning Cy and we went to freaking block letters? Arguments I heard against it were just silly, IMO. It's too busy? Um, no, it's called unique. People think we're Louisville. So? That would be a good opportunity to edumacate them and tell them what logo you are proudly wearing.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
People think we're Louisville. So? That would be a good opportunity to edumacate them and tell them what logo you are proudly wearing.

After 13 years, people got tired of having to explain the damn thing.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Would love to see Haverhill or someone else do a helmet photoshopped with the old/updated cyclone cy. Was a huge fan of it and was a bit frustrated it was never given as an option for the new helmet design with it's updated colors (thank God someone finally took out the blue!). Personally think it would look sweet on either a white or gold helmet, cardinal might work but would probably be too much.
6a00d834515db069e2010536b5e322970c-800wi

52682673.jpg

52682678.jpg

52682681.jpg

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Ugh, it is NOT a USC ripoff. It is very similar to our uniforms from the late 70's (77-78 I think). It's like we're wearing throwbacks every game. Not that I expect random internet blogger to have any clue about Iowa State...

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
San Francisco 49er-look is the best in football....and we should/could have it. Cardinal and Gold. To hell with Iowa State marketing and the whole bumbling staff who have screwed this up for the last decade when we had opportune times to switch to the 49er look.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Weren't we constantly on this list for our old uniforms? Now the guy comments on how they were kind of cool? BS, I'm glad we finally got back to our school colors. We went way too red for too many years. Our uniforms are always going to look like USCs, because we have the same colors. If I had my choice, the only thing I would change would be a yellow gold helmet.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA

Those are AWESOME!:yes:

Would have totally voted for the white or gold helmets if they would've been included in the original voting. Think that would be an interesting helmet design if we had an alternate uni day. An example being if we ever had the chance to do a nike pro combat uni like Mizzou did with their charcoal grey helmets and black design, thought those looked pretty sweet.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Those are AWESOME!:yes:

Would have totally voted for the white or gold helmets if they would've been included in the original voting. Think that would be an interesting helmet design if we had an alternate uni day. An example being if we ever had the chance to do a nike pro combat uni like Mizzou did with their charcoal grey helmets and black design, thought those looked pretty sweet.
'
We would need to add white to our home uniforms then. The thing I didn't like about the white helmets originally was that they only looked good with our away uniforms. The gold would be really nice though.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
I agree that Wyoming has ugly uni's but thats because brown and yellow dont go well with each other. Otherwise Wake forest, ISU, WKU, and Kent State do not have bad uni's they look fine

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
These stupid uniform thread pop up every other day.

Truth is that I am glad we got rid of those hideous logo/colors from the Mac era.

Our colors/logo are pretty good right now and we need to keep them to establish an identity.

and 49er gold is not our school colors people.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
Ugh, it is NOT a USC ripoff. It is very similar to our uniforms from the late 70's (77-78 I think). It's like we're wearing throwbacks every game. Not that I expect random internet blogger to have any clue about Iowa State...

They are essentially the same uniform. Doesnt matter if he has any clue, fact is when you see highlight films the average person thinks its USC

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
Those are classic uni's it's just unfortunate they are so similar to USC's. The bottom line is... just win! Every team on that list with an exception of Rutgers has a poor football history. Why do you think Oregon wasn't included?

So, I guess it's ok to copy another team's uni as long as that team is professional. Doesn't copying USC qualify as copying a pro team? :wink:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Complete BS, Texas and Tenn look just as bad in orange as Bowling Green.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron