ISU players "winning" DMR bracket so far...

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Can't really argue Lester, but Gary Thompson over Jeff Grayer is pathetic. Jeff Grayer is the best player to ever play for ISU. Injury to his knee ended his NBA career, or else their would be no question.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Can't really argue Lester, but Gary Thompson over Jeff Grayer is pathetic. Jeff Grayer is the best player to ever play for ISU. Injury to his knee ended his NBA career, or else their would be no question.

agreed. Gary is ISU as well but against Grayer it's no contest who should win.

matty74

Dec 31, 2010
Who would vote the Roland Rocket over Lewis Lloyd? Gary Thompson was a great player, but Lloyd was much more electric.

Fizer over Lester? Lester is the best player to play in the state of Iowa. Magic Johnson still considers him the best guard he's ever played against.

It should be Grayer vs Lester.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
First of all, this sort of thing is completely rediculous but once again why does R Lester get the "if he doesn't get hurt" caveat? He did get hurt, it's part of life.

I didn't look over the whole thread but I'm going to stick up for a fellow old man. To not see Zaid Abdul Azziz's name even being mentioned is flat nuts.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
First of all, this sort of thing is completely rediculous but once again why does R Lester get the "if he doesn't get hurt" caveat? He did get hurt, it's part of life.

I didn't look over the whole thread but I'm going to stick up for a fellow old man. To not see Zaid Abdul Azziz's name even being mentioned is flat nuts.

Yeah, and what about Don Smith. He should be on there too!

:jimlad:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I try to not be one of the conspiracy theorists but there is something seriously flawed with the Rag bracket. I checked Marcus' total - 3122. I voted four times and noted that his percentage went down. I was curious how many votes Lester had gotten. He had only gotten 2. The problem was that Marcus' total still stood at 3122. None of my four votes had counted.:skeptical:

EDIT: By the way, this is not the first time I noticed a discrepancy earlier I saw a count like 2988. A couple of votes later his percentage went down. It was now 2986. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I'm not so sure now.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In the time it took me to edit the above post (probably less than 90 seconds) Marcus went from over 200 votes up to under 150 votes up. Lester got about 60 votes in less than 90 seconds?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Can you trust a poll that advertises Spyware Doctor?

Right now the good guys are winning.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010

No, no, no.

Grayer and Stevens played when I grew up and loved watching Johnny Orr basketball, but Thompson is the probably the greatest ISU athlete ever. Two sport all-American

"Inch for inch, Gary Thompson is probably as good a player as the Big Seven has ever seen -- and it's seen some fine ones." - Phog Allen

He has awards and accomplishments that can stack up against anyone. And he did it every year of his career at ISU.

The Fizer/Tinsley year was awesome. Loved rooting for Hoiberg every game (and he is my all time favorite Clone). Stevens had the sweetest shot. Grayer was amazing too. However overall, Gary Thompson, in my opinion, is the greatest ISU basketball player.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
No, no, no.

Grayer and Stevens played when I grew up and loved watching Johnny Orr basketball, but Thompson is the probably the greatest ISU athlete ever. Two sport all-American

"Inch for inch, Gary Thompson is probably as good a player as the Big Seven has ever seen -- and it's seen some fine ones." - Phog Allen

He has awards and accomplishments that can stack up against anyone. And he did it every year of his career at ISU.

The Fizer/Tinsley year was awesome. Loved rooting for Hoiberg every game (and he is my all time favorite Clone). Stevens had the sweetest shot. Grayer was amazing too. However overall, Gary Thompson, in my opinion, is the greatest ISU basketball player.

Then go vote for him. And while you are at it vote for Fizer. Once again the vote count went from 3127 to 3118.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I try to not be one of the conspiracy theorists but there is something seriously flawed with the Rag bracket. I checked Marcus' total - 3122. I voted four times and noted that his percentage went down. I was curious how many votes Lester had gotten. He had only gotten 2. The problem was that Marcus' total still stood at 3122. None of my four votes had counted.:skeptical:

EDIT: By the way, this is not the first time I noticed a discrepancy earlier I saw a count like 2988. A couple of votes later his percentage went down. It was now 2986. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I'm not so sure now.

How do you find the vote totals? All i see are the percentages.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron