ISU-OU MBB Postgame

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Not hacked. Kind of being stupid, but kind of being realistic.

And Baylor is coached by a terrible coach, should win that by a lot more.

A 15 point win when we had let up at the end of the game!? And we should have won by a lot more!?

That's not kind of being stupid, that's just being stupid.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Another game where we're getting abused on the offensive boards and giving up tons of second and third chance opportunities to a team, and yet Edozie is nowhere to be found. Didn't play a single second again.

I'm sorry, I just don't get that at all? We need some rebounding help BIG time.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

I have known since the Iowa game that the first loss was going to be trouble for me. Until today, you could see a very special season happening, but after that first loss you start seeing all of the warts that are easy to ignore when you are winning. Warts like being way behind Iowa and Michigan and BYU and Boise and UNI. Only one of those teams is any good. You start to wonder if you got lucky in those 4 games and if a long losing streak is possible. And if the team was more lucky than good for all of these weeks. Hell, watching Nebraska, it is easy to see that a good team should beat Michigan by 15 or 20. And Baylor is coached by a terrible coach, should win that by a lot more. And BYU barely beat some ****** team in the WCC or the MAC or whatever terrible conference they are in.

And then you find out Kane is injured. On crutches. With ice.

This all being said, I'll be all in on Monday. But I think we all better be prepared to be sitting at 14 wins for a good long time.

Shut the computer down, go read an economics book, and call it a day on CF. You're pure poison right now.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Everyone listen. It's an ankle sprain. You will be surprised what a really good traing staff with some duct tape and a cortisone shot can do in 48 hours

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Hate to say it but we probably lost two games today with Kanes injury. Just an awful day. I really don't get the shrugging of shoulders form some people. If Kane doesn't go down then I get it, we lost to a good team on the road but with Kane hurt this game/day hurts tremendously.

I know we don't have details, but it looked like a hard ankle roll. He'll be back even if he has to miss a game. It is not the end of the season.

I still think we can beat Kansas without him. Morris is capable and we're playing in Hilton.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Another game where we're getting abused on the offensive boards and giving up tons of second and third chance opportunities to a team, and yet Edozie is nowhere to be found. Didn't play a single second again.

I'm sorry, I just don't get that at all? We need some rebounding help BIG time.

You don't see Edozie ,becuase we need help on offense. It's a double edged sword, this team sucks at rebounding against teams with a pulse. We needed points. Who do you bench to put in Edozie? Georges? Mel? Dustin? Nope.

Rebounding is alwayas going to be trouble.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
LOL, at halftime of the KSU-KU game, Seth Greenberg said Ejim should play PG if Kane is out. He doesn't watch much ISU basketball.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Losing to OU is not a bad loss at all. They're a good team, and they were making 3 pointers way above their season average. Losing Kane is what hurts bad.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Seth Greenberg just said don't be surprised to see Ejim at the point come Monday. Lols lols lols

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

I have known since the Iowa game that the first loss was going to be trouble for me. Until today, you could see a very special season happening, but after that first loss you start seeing all of the warts that are easy to ignore when you are winning. Warts like being way behind Iowa and Michigan and BYU and Boise and UNI. Only one of those teams is any good. You start to wonder if you got lucky in those 4 games and if a long losing streak is possible. And if the team was more lucky than good for all of these weeks. Hell, watching Nebraska, it is easy to see that a good team should beat Michigan by 15 or 20. And Baylor is coached by a terrible coach, should win that by a lot more. And BYU barely beat some ****** team in the WCC or the MAC or whatever terrible conference they are in.

This all being said, I'll be all in on Monday. But I think we all better be prepared to be sitting at 14 wins for a good long time.

Kane is using crutches and icing his sprained ankle? The nerve of our staff trying to get him better so he can play. Terrible idea.

Seriously, stfu and leave the board. You sound like an idiot.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
jsb has been posting for years waiting for the perfect moment to troll us as an undercover hawkeye fan

Oh lord. Not a Hawkeye fan.

I wish I was a fan that wasnt' always waiting for other shoe to drop, but I have been an Iowa STate fan for too long. The good part is that we already have 14 wins. But the bad part is that we could be (should be?) 10-5.

And Kane is on crutches.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
JSB you need to step away and watch the movie Chicken Little . He is your kindred spirit.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Lon Kreuger drew up a great game plan - beat us outside of the arc and own the offensive boards - and had great execution out of his players. Hield and Spangler are nightmares!

We didn't play great but still had a chance at the end. Kane maybe played hero ball a bit much, but this team is still top ten in the country, to me.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Kane is using crutches and icing his sprained ankle? The nerve of our staff trying to get him better so he can play. Terrible idea.

Seriously, stfu and leave the board. You sound like an idiot.

Probably. The good part is that had we lost before this, my meltdown would have not happened. But I have known for weeks that I would over-react to the first loss.

Seriously, though, the first month of the Big 12 was always going to be an awful stretch and a great team was going to lose some games. But I just worry that it turns into more losses. We don't know how this team reacts to losses yet.

And Kane is on crutches. This is even worse than the loss.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
Will be interesting to see where we are ranked. We were underrated and had a big win against Baylor. Then we lose on the road. Do we go up or go down? Where do they rank Baylor? It would be crazy if they put us below Baylor.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

You do it once or twice you're lucky. You do it 5 times you're a tough team. Yes, if Kane is out a losing streak is possible. You don't lose by far your most important player and not have it impact you. However, he's on crutches and icing it as a precaution, which anybody that so much as has a minor twist of the ankle will do. He could be out for a while, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't give it a go vs. KU. If he is out for a while it will probably result in a few more losses and our seeding will take a hit, but the experience guys like Morris and Dorsey-Walker will get will be valuable and might result in us being a better team come tourney time (provided Kane is at full strength).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron