ISU-OU MBB Postgame

RLRLSit

Nov 18, 2013
OK, I need some cheering up. I didn't watch the game because basically I am a basket case. Obviously we were going to lose a game, but we got dominated by OU. And they aren't that great. Hell, we have only beat one good team and that was lucky and Iowa.

What about Kane's ankle? We can't win jackshit without him. What if the team starts to fracture with the loss? Th

So we are 14-1, I figure we have to win 8 more to go to the NCAA tournament. Kansas State looks too good, Kansas too. We won't win at Baylor. WE should beat TTU and TCU at home. Maybe WVU (but they always play us good). That's 3 wins. Maybe we beat TCU on the road.

Make me feel better. I knew that this first loss was going to suck, but I can't get it out of my head that we are not that good of a team. I'll feel better if we get to the NCAA, but that seems really tough to do.

Eh, we've had several games that we were able to battle back from huge deficits and win, had to come up short at some point. I'll take a road loss in Norman over a loss in Wells Fargo to UNI any day. We'd have to completely fall apart to not make the tourney....have faith, the sky is not falling.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
ISU- 6-25 (24) 3 pt
OU- 13-30 (43) 3pt

We weren't a threat from outside once, lots of looks, nothing was falling.

Haven't been that good away from Hilton at the 3, 43 of 134 for .32 before today, now down to .27

byu724
uni927
gm521
akron919
Boise state824
TT519
OU626

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
All of our slow starts are due to we have a player starting that has no business starting, at the moment. He was a huge liability this game. Hoiberg being stubburn about starting him is hopefully going to pay off, but it's infuriating right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We have to win 6 more games to get into the tourney, so that shouldn't be a worry at all, but please, continue overreacting.

8 wins in the Big 12 doesnt' get you in the tournament.

I am clearly overreacting, a bit, but the whole thing is troubling. I have loved this team, but they all got along when they were winning. A few losses and I start to wonder. Again, we have only beaten one good team, despite almost losing to 4 bad teams.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Maybe this was already mentioned, but I thought they should have put Edozie in when it was clear that Spangler was dominating the boards. I know it limits us more offensively, but Ejim and Hogue just couldn't rebound with Spangler

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
All of our slow starts are due to we have a player starting that has no business starting, at the moment. He was a huge liability this game. Hoiberg being stubburn about starting him is hopefully going to pay off, but it's infuriating right now.
lol

As I predicted, first loss and the guns toward Thomas would be firing at full force. Plenty of postgame threads today and plenty of Thomas hate posts.

One loss - but lets rip on the true freshman.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

I am clearly overreacting, a bit, but the whole thing is troubling. I have loved this team, but they all got along when they were winning. A few losses and I start to wonder. Again, we have only beaten one good team, despite almost losing to 4 bad teams.

you don't "almost lose".

only beat one good team? you sleep last night?

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA

Wait so out of Michigan, Baylor, Iowa only one of them is a good team?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
lol

As I predicted, first loss and the guns toward Thomas would be firing at full force. Plenty of postgame threads today and plenty of Thomas hate posts.

One loss - but lets rip on the true freshman.

Name one positive thing he did the entire game.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
We play under par at both ends of the court on the road and still in it. Unless Kane's out for a couple of weeks I'm not worried. We now have the players attention for Monday night.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

I'm not convinced you know anything about college basketball if you only think we have one good win.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
lol As I predicted, first loss and the guns toward Thomas would be firing at full force. Plenty of postgame threads today and plenty of Thomas hate posts. One loss - but lets rip on the true freshman.

Remember those posters are all top college coaches who know alot more then Fred!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Absolutely not. Laughable really.

It's not like Naz or Monte were that good offensively anyway. If they were good they'd play more minutes than Matt anyway.

The whole thing is crashign to the ground.

At leats Baylor is killing TCU. And Kansas is beating Kansas STate.

I can't believe that I am distraught at losing by 5 at Oklahoma. But I really am. And that is not even taking into consideration that there is a better than 90% chance we lose 2 more games. Hell, it is 100% without Kane.

And we had a lead. We shouldn't give up a lead late in the game.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007

This is why I detest fandom today ... Absolutely freaking out of your minds. Lose a game ... you now have concerns. Wow.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
OK, I need some cheering up. I didn't watch the game because basically I am a basket case. Obviously we were going to lose a game, but we got dominated by OU. And they aren't that great. Hell, we have only beat one good team and that was lucky and Iowa.

What about Kane's ankle? We can't win jackshit without him. What if the team starts to fracture with the loss? Th

So we are 14-1, I figure we have to win 8 more to go to the NCAA tournament. Kansas State looks too good, Kansas too. We won't win at Baylor. WE should beat TTU and TCU at home. Maybe WVU (but they always play us good). That's 3 wins. Maybe we beat TCU on the road.

Make me feel better. I knew that this first loss was going to suck, but I can't get it out of my head that we are not that good of a team. I'll feel better if we get to the NCAA, but that seems really tough to do.

It's not like Naz or Monte were that good offensively anyway. If they were good they'd play more minutes than Matt anyway.
The whole thing is crashign to the ground.

At leats Baylor is killing TCU. And Kansas is beating Kansas STate.

I can't believe that I am distraught at losing by 5 at Oklahoma. But I really am. And that is not even taking into consideration that there is a better than 90% chance we lose 2 more games. Hell, it is 100% without Kane.

And we had a lead. We shouldn't give up a lead late in the game.

GNXsPuL.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Next 6 games

KU, at Texas, K-State, at KU, OU, at Okie State.

Kane better not be out for any period of time or tough times are ahead.

We have only beat 1 good team. Hell, I we could easily b 14-7. We have been lucky, but it could go south fast.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
This game didn't change my opinion about this team.

We still came back from being down 13 to take the lead. Just couldn't finish this time. Knew we were going to lose at some point. It was just a matter of when and to whom. We will lose again too. Be prepared for that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron