ISR: CyHawk 2021

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree, but it's because he's a human being and I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

I was at the ISU vs Iowa game in Kinnick the year Seneca brought ISU back from a big deficit to win. The things Iowa fans were saying before and during the game about what they wanted to see happen to Seneca were awful. I don't know how any decent human being can wish for that stuff to happen to someone.
Pretty sure someone on here or on Twitter in 2019 said they wanted to see Epenesa injur Purdy. Yikes.

But yeah you don’t want to ever see a college player get injured and should never wish for it. And I also think Petras stinks and don’t want a backup to come in and shine. Lol

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Agree, but it's because he's a human being and I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

I was at the ISU vs Iowa game in Kinnick the year Seneca brought ISU back from a big deficit to win. The things Iowa fans were saying before and during the game about what they wanted to see happen to Seneca were awful. I don't know how any decent human being can wish for that stuff to happen to someone.

They were really angry about how one player was basically better than their entire team. I mean they kind of had a point because that was the most individually driven win I've ever seen in football, but it was a weird thing to be angry about.

1000s of posts about "If you didn't have Seneca". Really hilariously irrational stuff.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I could see Iowa having an "easy" gameplan for Petras to start out the game. A lot TE out routes, similar to what they did for Stanley during his first game at JTS.

Though our defense is different now than it was for that game, so apples-oranges.
I think Iowa’s going to go 70/30 run heavy and will have mostly non read throws for Spencer to make. That will be the game plan until they are forced to open it up (if they ever need to).

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Dear Big Ten Grand Poohbahs --

Wouldn't it be so much cooler for you if the Iowa/Iowa State matchup was a conference game?

And the de facto Big Ten West championship game on rivalry weekend? Between two programs who are actually competitive, rather than trying to make Nebraska happen when it is clearly not going to now?

Just a few ideas for thought! Thanks!

Love, ~@Sigmapolis

I’m in the minority of Iowa fans who think ISU to the B1G would be a good thing. The mythical round robin championship of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, and ISU would be a wonder.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’m in the minority of Iowa fans who think ISU to the B1G would be a good thing. The mythical round robin championship of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, and ISU would be a wonder.

I fail to see the down side from an Iowa fan's perspective, especially those in west and central Iowa. I mean the series isn't going away in any major sport.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Head? Rock fight decided by a 2nd half turnover. Bet the under. One of the teams will be trailing by 7 or less and have the ball with under 5 minutes. And we’ll see what happens.

Heart? Mevis coolly drills a 55 yard field goal as time expires to seal the win 73-0.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Don't know if this is true or not - is this from your Iowa buddies or just taking the word of Hawkeye fans on message boards? To me that is not a representative sampling.
Every friend of mine who's a Hawk say they would love ISU in the Big Ten...

Reactions: Statefan10

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Don't know if this is true or not - just taking the word of Hawkeye fans on message boards is not a representative sampling.
Every friend of mine who's a Hawk say they would love ISU in the Big Ten...

I'd like to see ISU in the B1G. Not sure how likely it is now, but would be fun.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
17-13 ISU wins. Going to be about who makes fewer mistakes and capitalizes on a handful of plays.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'd like to see ISU in the B1G. Not sure how likely it is now, but would be fun.

My thought has always been if you get ND it adds gobs of money and ISU might be the most natural logistical fit not considering money (because ND would bring a ton of money). ISU is already right in the middle of Neb/Minn/IA/NW/ND/Wisc/IL. Big 12 money was almost dead even with SEC/Big Ten for a few years there and even then KU didn't really commit to football facilities like all 9 other Big 12 teams did in a major way, pretty much everybody else got a new or massively improved stadium, KU removed a track.

Or if ND just permanently thumbs their nose for some reason, KU/ISU is the most simple way to expand to 16 that doesn't create a stupid 2 conference super league which is 100% what happens if the Big Ten/SEC carve off the best of the ACC as their next project.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Is there a reason ND has never joined the B10? Figured if they wanted to they would’ve been persuaded by now.

I heard there might be some bad blood? But don’t know full story.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Is there a reason ND has never joined the B10? Figured if they wanted to they would’ve been persuaded by now.

B1G tried to strongarm ND and it didn’t go well. They tried to force Michigan Purdue et al off the schedule.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

More money with NBC

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
B1G tried to strongarm ND and it didn’t go well. They tried to force Michigan Purdue et al off the schedule.

This. And then ND found that the ACC would basically bend over for them any which way ND liked, so they have a home in non-football sports but get to stay independent in football. B1G wasn't going to offer that.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
More money with NBC

I don’t think so. As I remember, and this is relying on info from another poster, ND gets less from NBC than they would as a member of the B1G. Just looked it up and they would double their money if they joined.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron