ISR: CyHawk 2021

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm not sure exactly how it will go, I didn't see much of the Iowa game last week but the defense looked good. Offensively, I think it was an odd game for Iowa, the INT's made it tough for the their offense to get into a groove, the 2nd half, they ran when they should and passed when they should, not sure we learned a whole lot about them on that side of the ball. Offense is definitely where my questions marks for both teams lie. I'm expecting something similar to '19

Reactions: dexterhawk

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
16-21. Iowa wins. Sorry, I think we really struggle in the red zone and struggle to score TDs.

Im feeling something like this as well. Like Breece gets going and has nice stats in the 1st half and we’re up like 14-7. Then second half we just completely go away from him and lose. Manning Special.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
27-13 Iowa

It will be 10-7 Iowa at the half.

Our OL is not good.... prove me wrong on Saturday guys. Because of that, our defense will tire in the 2nd half.

I actually think the ONLY way ISU can win is if they can get pressure on Petras with McDonald and force him into a lot of mistakes (INT's, fumbles). If ISU doesn't win the turnover battle by a couple.... I'm not seeing how they win.

As usual... I hope I'm dead wrong. But CMC and Manning haven't shown me they can beat Iowa.... so why should I believe it now?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's exactly my point I think Iowa state is better built to drive the field compared to Iowa who I think will need a huge play. Did I read Iowa States punter wasn't impressive Saturday? I think Iowa has 1 of the best punter/returner combinations in the country

Conversely while I think ISU's defense is generally good, they may be prone to give up the big play. UNI's lone TD was a broken play, but it was still a big play.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Dear Big Ten Grand Poohbahs --

Wouldn't it be so much cooler for you if the Iowa/Iowa State matchup was a conference game?

And the de facto Big Ten West championship game on rivalry weekend? Between two programs who are actually competitive, rather than trying to make Nebraska happen when it is clearly not going to now?

Just a few ideas for thought! Thanks!

Love, ~@Sigmapolis

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Dear Big Ten Grand Poohbahs --

Wouldn't it be so much cooler for you if the Iowa/Iowa State matchup was a conference game?

And the de facto Big Ten West championship game on rivalry weekend? Between two programs who are actually competitive, rather than trying to make Nebraska happen when it is clearly not going to now?

Just a few ideas for thought! Thanks!

Love, ~@Sigmapolis
It's going to be awesome.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This is the least anxious I've been for an Iowa v. ISU game, maybe ever. It's amazing what lessened expectations can do. This might be the best ISU team in program history, against a pretty ordinary Iowa team with big question marks in several spots. Fully expecting a loss, guessing by at least a few TDs. And that'll be ok.

ISU 24
Iowa 9
Iowa is better than you give them credit. Might not think they are so ordinary at the end of the year when they are playing in Indy

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
ISU: 27
Iowa: 21

Just believe ISU has more horses this year. Not a bad loss, as I expect both teams will be playing in their CCG.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This is the least anxious I've been for an Iowa v. ISU game, maybe ever. It's amazing what lessened expectations can do. This might be the best ISU team in program history, against a pretty ordinary Iowa team with big question marks in several spots. Fully expecting a loss, guessing by at least a few TDs. And that'll be ok.

ISU 24
Iowa 9

So Indiana was total smoke and mirrors last year? (I mean I think they might have been to an extent given Ohio State got bored in that game)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I for one want Petras to be as healthy as possible through the entire game.

Agree, but it's because he's a human being and I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

I was at the ISU vs Iowa game in Kinnick the year Seneca brought ISU back from a big deficit to win. The things Iowa fans were saying before and during the game about what they wanted to see happen to Seneca were awful. I don't know how any decent human being can wish for that stuff to happen to someone.

• Agree
Reactions: JD4560 and Cloneon

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
32-28 state. Bigger than it looks.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I could see Iowa having an "easy" gameplan for Petras to start out the game. A lot TE out routes, similar to what they did for Stanley during his first game at JTS.

Though our defense is different now than it was for that game, so apples-oranges.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Help Support Us

Become a patron