Is the secret scrimmage this weekend?

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I bet Fred didn't care one bit about the score. Greg either for that matter. It's 100% a coaching opportunity.

yeah and from what I've gathered the past couple years, it may not even be that "game" like. I think each coach takes turns running situations - they might stop and start the "game" as they please, repeat in-bounds plays, transitions, etc.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
People, stop using youth as an excuse!!! Youth doesn't matter in college sports. Did you see Kentucky 2 years ago - they didn't use youth as an excuse. Nor should we. Time for Fred to go. We have D2 talent. This is a disaster!!!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If we lose to UNI, Iowa, Michigan, etc....you will see this and the folks that bring it up will be absolutely serious.

I know. I'm fully aware. I say it every time we miss a shot. It's become my tradition, like calling fouls on Melvin.

Seriously, though, it'll be nice as news leaks out from this scrimmage. I bet there's some fun things that we learned out there.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Fred's teams always get better as the year goes on. Definitely figured we'd "lose" to Creighton at this point. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we made the tourney this year, expecting NIT team, but Fred is a great coach so maybe we can keep it going.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fred's teams always get better as the year goes on. Definitely figured we'd "lose" to Creighton at this point. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we made the tourney this year, expecting NIT team, but Fred is a great coach so maybe we can keep it going.

Don't let the football team affect your basketball expectations

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I am with you Cloneice, thinking NIT for us, Creighton is the better team, no shame, 7 seed last year and I dont think they lost to anybody. My concerns are when George or Mel get into foul trouble which seemed to be about every game last year is that we will struggle, but have faith in Fred and anything is possible!

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
51 posts and no one has speculated on who started, weak Cyclone Fanatic. Weak.

If Cunningham made the road trip with them, which I assume he didn't, I bet they left Georges at home so he wouldn't see that we had such an amazing combo forward that was only a sophomore. Only explanation that I have as to Goodman's tweet not mentioning him scoring 40.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Yep, and we know Fred uses the preconference to prepare, so I would imagine that a scrimmage is this times ten. Plus, Creighton is very good. But yeah, is Gibbs in a walker yet?

except it is very important for us to get some good out of conference wins this year. The reason is because it is going to be hard to get resume building wins in conference. The league will have just KU, OSU, and Baylor as good teams. Everyone else will be average or below average. Getting a good non conference win is something that has alluded Fred so far, he needs one or two this year.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
This is concerning that we lost the scrimmage. Since late March our football and basketball programs only have one victory between the two of them. Certainly dark times for Iowa State athletics...

Help Support Us

Become a patron