Is anyone on here going to watch the CFP Championship?

Will you watch the CFP Championship on January 10th?

• Yes I always watch.

Votes: 54 14.5%
  • Yes/Probably It is the last game of the year.

Votes: 62 16.6%
  • No Who wants to see a repeat of the SEC Championship Game

Votes: 149 39.9%
  • No F*** the SEC

Votes: 108 29.0%

• Total voters

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll watch maybe a quarter.

It's like the NCAA tourney--the stuff before the title game is usually way more interesting. Even today's games are something to look forward to...let's see if Okie State can keep it together and how Freeman's debut goes.

And if Utah can also keep it going. They were the most fun team to watch at the end of the season.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
No it’s dumb for what I said. We just saw this game a month ago in the post season. Until you give every champion an opportunity there shouldn’t be conference rematches. At 4 teams there should be a 1 team per conference limit. Are these the two best teams probably but we don’t have any proof that a ACC, Big 12, or PAC 12 team are not better.

Why?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Alabama already beat Georgia in the post season. We already know the result. Alabama has proven they are better and it isn’t fair to them to have to do it again. It would be one thing if every champion had a chance but they don’t and it’s stupid.
Kind of like us in the Big XII championship game last year.
A game only added because the committee needs 13 data points or you don't get picked.

Unless you do.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Let's look at it this way, Michigan sure didn't belong, who else is there?

Maybe four is too many.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
No, the matchup is boring to me. Also, I decided to try and boycott all games involving two SEC teams this year. So even if I was excited for the matchup I wouldn’t watch

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I'll watch, just like I will watch the games today, because I am a fan of football. It doesn't change the fact that in any given year there are only 2-4 teams at most that have the talent to win the championship. The playoffs are not going to be enlarged to give other teams a chance to actually win the championship, that is not happening. Its being enlarged to give more schools the chance to claim they were in a playoff team, thereby possibly increasing their recruiting pool and therefore given those teams a better chance in the future to actually win a championship.

Before they enlarge, I really think that rules should be added to level the playing field a little, all schools must play 10 P5 opponents are more during the regular season would be a great way to evening out the advantage that the SEC has with only an 8 game conference schedule.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Kind of like us in the Big XII championship game last year.
A game only added because the committee needs 13 data points or you don't get picked.

Unless you do.
I still consider us Big 12 Champions of 2020. We lost the conference Championship game but we won the regular season championship whether the Big 12 wants to officially recognize it.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
@Urbandale2013 it's dumb because I think the Champion should be the best team of the season?

Who is better than Bama and UGA? Who should be in the championship besides them?

Yeah the NCAA Tourny is exciting because teams like Butler, VCU and Oregon State make a magical run, but imo they aren't championship worthy because they get hot for a 3/4 week span.
It’s dumb because they just played each other. Georgia should have been eliminated from the CFP as soon as they lost their final game to a team that’s in the CFP.

• Disagree
Reactions: jctisu

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It’s dumb because they just played each other. Georgia should have been eliminated from the CFP as soon as they lost their final game to a team that’s in the CFP.

Who should have been in then? a 2 loss team?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
@Urbandale2013 it's dumb because I think the Champion should be the best team of the season?

Who is better than Bama and UGA? Who should be in the championship besides them?

Yeah the NCAA Tourny is exciting because teams like Butler, VCU and Oregon State make a magical run, but imo they aren't championship worthy because they get hot for a 3/4 week span.

So what’s the point of playoffs for any sport? For example, if a baseball team sneaks into the wild card, gets hot for a couple weeks, and wins the World Series, are they not the champions? Under your logic, the true champion was the team that had the best overall record.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity