Iowa's football schedule

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Oklahoma has played multiple teams ranked in the top ten now. Who has Iowa played that is even ranked?
And they lost. Oklahoma beat 2 teams that ended up with a winning record. Played 2 common opponents with Iowa. Played them both at home with similar margins of victory as Iowa had playing them both on the road. Hawks are about to play a team ranked higher than anybody they’ve faced. You seem to forget that Iowa’s season isn’t over. It’s quite possible that after this weekend they will have played the same number of top10 opponents

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And they lost. Oklahoma beat 2 teams that ended up with a winning record. Played 2 common opponents with Iowa. Played them both at home with similar margins of victory as Iowa had playing them both on the road. Hawks are about to play a team ranked higher than anybody they’ve faced. You seem to forget that Iowa’s season isn’t over.
Nearly half the teams seasons aren’t over, duh.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
To win $190.90, you would have to bet Michigan to win by more than 10.5. So if that is what you did, and Michigan wins by 27-17, then you lose your bet.
Exactly right. Michigan will cover easily. And my winnings will cover my bar tab. We all win. Except for the hoks, but who cares?

• Winner
Reactions: Cycl0nepower

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Minnesota prepping for next year. Gophers let their offensive coordinator go (contract expires end of January) and he will not coach in their bowl game. Morgan Tanner, their senior QB, is coming back for a 5th year. Not sure that is good or bad but I don't expect they will run 70% of the time again. Or maybe they do with return of running back Mohamed Ibrahim. They could use some receivers via the portal but not sure ANY West team is going to land a sought after receiver because it's a running division.

bobprobert24

Nov 28, 2021
Minnesota prepping for next year. Gophers let their offensive coordinator go (contract expires end of January) and he will not coach in their bowl game. Morgan Tanner, their senior QB, is coming back for a 5th year. Not sure that is good or bad but I don't expect they will run 70% of the time again. Or maybe they do with return of running back Mohamed Ibrahim. They could use some receivers via the portal but not sure ANY West team is going to land a sought after receiver because it's a running division.

Minnesota had a WR picked in the first round last spring.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Minnesota had a WR picked in the first round last spring.

Bateman was a good get for the Gophers. Committed early and Gophers were able to hang on to him after others came calling his senior year. Might have been a BIG difference maker if he had played this year as a senior. I'm talking more about portal transfers. My take is a really good receiver (or potentially good) moving is looking to get more more touches or some exposure, not going to a team that ran 70% of the time in 2021. Thinking the La'Michael Pettway types that transferred to ISU for the 2019 season. I'd love to see a good go to guy and see if Tanner can have a repeat of his 2019 season and the offense can be a bit more like 40/60 and not 30/70 as passing/rushing. Minnesotan so want the Gophers to do well.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Why? Neither were very good to start.

There was nothing to break.

Anyway if anything the Baylor game really did it.

Yeah I think the Baylor game did indeed break some spirits. But, I was off the train after UNI -- that game immediately exposed weaknesses that were mostly never addressed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron