Iowa vs Nebraska...Heroes Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
HyVee already lost 75% of my business a couple years ago due to their pricing.

I still buy produce and deli meat from HyVee but everything else comes from elsewhere.

Jul 20, 2011
I am a college football fanatic. Obviously ISU is my team but I enjoy watching just about any college football game on tv. That being said... at 11am on Black Friday you can bet your *** I won't be watching that pillow fight in Lincoln. More then likely I will be out buying beer, food, etc... so I can sit down and watch some REAL college football rivalries on Saturday. :yes:

Like hell you won't watch. You will be watching and you know it. You will be waiting with GREAT anticipation hoping Nebraska knocks the crap out of Iowa. One thing I have learned about Cyclone fans like yourself, your favorite team is ISU, your second favorite team is whom ever is playing Iowa.

I would probably do the same thing as an Iowa fan but for the life of me I never know what obscure channel they are on, if they are on TV at all. Pretty much the only time I see ISU play is when the play Iowa otherwise I never see them. I always watch college gameday and of course gameday final, which is why I never see any ISU highlights.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
With the game being at 11 and on ABC and pretty much the first game out of the chute. I would say...A LOT of people. Your question was cute though.:twitcy:

You should probably step away from the keyboard. You coming to a Cyclones message board is like Luxembourg pulling a sneak attack on Germany.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Like hell you won't watch. You will be watching and you know it. You will be waiting with GREAT anticipation hoping Nebraska knocks the crap out of Iowa. One thing I have learned about Cyclone fans like yourself, your favorite team is ISU, your second favorite team is whom ever is playing Iowa.

I would probably do the same thing as an Iowa fan but for the life of me I never know what obscure channel they are on, if they are on TV at all. Pretty much the only time I see ISU play is when the play Iowa otherwise I never see them. I always watch college gameday and of course gameday final, which is why I never see any ISU highlights.
I would say likewise for many Hawk fans. BTW they are either on FSN, FCN or ABC every weekend but I know you already knew that.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Interesting. See, that would mean we'd cheer for Nebraska. If you've learned anything, you should know that's not happening, either.

I won't be watching because I don't need to. No dog in that fight, and neither team is a team I'm interested in watching. I'll read a book and be happy about it.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

watching Gameday at the Front Row between cart wrangling at Sam's Club can be fun.

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Nebraska and Iowa are in a virtual tie for the two teams I dislike the most. There are no winners in that game. One arrogant fanbase will be celebrating, the other arrogant fanbase will be reeling off a thousand reasons that they didn't actually lose the game (refs screwed them, other team cheated, poor weather, if player X wouldn't have been hurt we would have won easily, etc....) If they discover a way for that game to be played and both teams to come out of it with a loss then I would be interested. Until that happens I will never (write that down) NEVER watch that game as it has absolutely no appeal to me. Now if you want to talk about Iowa vs. Northwestern.... well that **** is appointment tv. Who doesn't love watching Iowa gag games away to the Wildcats? In fact... lets go to the highlights...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WPQKftk4U]‪Northwestern Wildcats vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - 11/13/10‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: PGreen ISU '92

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I'll probably watch it because it should be an entertaining football game, but I sure as hell won't be rooting for Nebraska. Spend a couple years in a conference with them Mr Overzealous hawkeye poster and you will understand.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
that it has prime tv real-estate

Which is probably a mistake. It isn't a regional game... it is a national tv game. Most people outside of the central midwest will have very little interest in this game. Sure they will bring in people who just need a football fix at the moment but Iowa and Nebraska isn't some sexy matchup that is must see tv if you aren't a fan of either team.

Example... Alabama vs. Auburn last season. I do not like either of those teams but it was an absolute must see game (with a terrible ending.).

prdhawk

Dec 29, 2008
knoxville
Nebraska and Iowa are in a virtual tie for the two teams I dislike the most. There are no winners in that game. One arrogant fanbase will be celebrating, the other arrogant fanbase will be reeling off a thousand reasons that they didn't actually lose the game (refs screwed them, other team cheated, poor weather, if player X wouldn't have been hurt we would have won easily, etc....) If they discover a way for that game to be played and both teams to come out of it with a loss then I would be interested. Until that happens I will never (write that down) NEVER watch that game as it has absolutely no appeal to me. Now if you want to talk about Iowa vs. Northwestern.... well that **** is appointment tv. Who doesn't love watching Iowa gag games away to the Wildcats? In fact... lets go to the highlights...

‪Northwestern Wildcats vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - 11/13/10‬‏ - YouTube
every fanbase is arrogant when it comes down to it, and after a loss there will always be fans no matter what trying to blame it on something, it's not just iowa and nebraska fans...

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Which is probably a mistake. It isn't a regional game... it is a national tv game. Most people outside of the central midwest will have very little interest in this game. Sure they will bring in people who just need a football fix at the moment but Iowa and Nebraska isn't some sexy matchup that is must see tv if you aren't a fan of either team.

Example... Alabama vs. Auburn last season. I do not like either of those teams but it was an absolute must see game (with a terrible ending.).

One of those teams was playing to be in the NC and the other was playing for an SEC title.

I can guarantee you that if that was the case with the Iowa/Nebraska game, it certainly would be must see tv.

I don't care what conference or teams are involved in that scenario, that's going to be a huge game any way you slice it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
every fanbase is arrogant when it comes down to it, and after a loss there will always be fans no matter what trying to blame it on something, it's not just iowa and nebraska fans...

I know. Just trying to keep some venom going in this thread. Today has been a slow day at work and this was my entertainment. :yes:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
One of those teams was playing to be in the NC and the other was playing for an SEC title.

I can guarantee you that if that was the case with the Iowa/Nebraska game, it certainly would be must see tv.

I don't care what conference or teams are involved in that scenario, that's going to be a huge game any way you slice it.

Don't see Iowa and Nebraska facing that scenario anytime in the near future.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
With the game being at 11 and on ABC and pretty much the first game out of the chute. I would say...A LOT of people. Your question was cute though.:twitcy:
Like I said before...11:00 on Friday...I wonder who will be watching. Probably people in nebraska and iowa. No one else will even care. Really...it is iowa and nebraska. But you go ahead have have your arrogant hok attitude that people actually care. Fine by me.

Last edited:

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Like I said before...11:00 on Friday...I wonder who will be watching. Probably people in nebraska and iowa. No one else will even care. Really...it is iowa and nebraska. But you go ahead have have your arrogant hok attitude that people actually care. Fine by me.

On a Friday that most people like myself do nothing but watch football. I don't see how people think this game isn't going to be a big deal...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
On a Friday that most people like myself do nothing but watch football. I don't see how people think this game isn't going to be a big deal...

Overall, it's pretty obvious it'll be a big deal. ABC doesn't just put random games at that time.

It does mean we can call Iowa the new Colorado, and see if we get any mileage out of that. Somebody was going to replace the Buffs in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.