IOWA vs IOWA STATE

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
That brought up the question, how much would a Hawkeye fan have to give to give up my tickets to the game? For reference, section 233 row 10. I figure $100-$200/ticket would be my breaking point. Were is your breaking point?

Nobody would ever offer it, but I'd sell mine to a Hawk fan (or Kansas fan for that game) if it was enough to cover the cost of my season tickets plus my yearly Cyclone club donation.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Nobody would ever offer it, but I'd sell mine to a Hawk fan (or Kansas fan for that game) if it was enough to cover the cost of my season tickets plus my yearly Cyclone club donation.

Singles start at $100 on StubHub right now and I think some have sold for close to that (there were some a bit cheaper not there - or someone raised the price). This is an incredibly hot ticket.

http://www.stubhub.com/iowa-state-basketball-tickets/iowa-state-vs-iowa-12-13-2013-4348163/

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Marble has really improved his outside shot and his game overall. He's going to get his. What we need to worry about is shutting down Gessel and White. White can live at the ft line. I think Kane and Morris will be a tough match up for Gessel. Force Iowa to shoot from the outside and sprint down the floor after inbounds go the all....it destroys the press and doesn't allow them to set up the traps. I'm quite confident Hoiberg will put in a great game plan to destroy that press. Give the Mayor a week to prepare for you and pain...see Auburn.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Marble has really improved his outside shot and his game overall. He's going to get his. What we need to worry about is shutting down Gessel and White. White can live at the ft line. I think Kane and Morris will be a tough match up for Gessel. Force Iowa to shoot from the outside and sprint down the floor after inbounds go the all....it destroys the press and doesn't allow them to set up the traps. I'm quite confident Hoiberg will put in a great game plan to destroy that press. Give the Mayor a week to prepare for you and pain...see Auburn.

Not saying I disagree with what you said but Auburn is absolutely terrible....

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Fred needs to get in the official's ear early about Iowa handling the ball after a made basket. They have been grabbing the ball out of the basket and delaying the inbound pass so they can get their press set up for decades and it rarely if ever gets called. Amazing how they continue to coach this going across about 4 head coaches.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Fred needs to get in the official's ear early about Iowa handling the ball after a made basket. They have been grabbing the ball out of the basket and delaying the inbound pass so they can get their press set up for decades and it rarely if ever gets called. Amazing how they continue to coach this going across about 4 head coaches.

Too bad it is not the NBA. Point of emphasis this year. Mess with the ball after a basket and it is a T.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Too bad it is not the NBA. Point of emphasis this year. Mess with the ball after a basket and it is a T.

It has been in the rule book in NCAA for years but you are lucky if you finally get a warning late in the second half.

Section 4. CLASS B TECHNICAL INFRACTIONS
Art. 1. A technical foul shall be assessed to a player or a substitute for the
following infractions:
m. After a team warning has been issued, attempting to gain an advantage by
interfering with the ball after a goal or failing to immediately pass the ball
to the nearest official after the whistle had been blown.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

He's shooting 30% from 3 right now which is lower than his previous two years

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Sorry if posted already or common knowledge, but are Marble and Morris cousins?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I failed to mention the really angry guy that shoots some threes and otherwise just runs around with a scowl. Looks like a UPS driver. He's okay.

Are you talking about "looks like the offspring of a rat, beaver, and ferret 3-way Ginger" ?

Jared Uthoff

Looks like...

A ferret

A rat

A beaver

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
There was alot of Woodbury talk earlier in some thread. He is not that good. We are better off with him on the floor. Iowa is a much better team when they go with Ginger, Little Ginger, Skeletor, Hyphen-Marble and Limey. Every other combination is not an issue.

I just about spit my coffee all over my keyboard. Well done with the nicknames, sir...well DONE!

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
I failed to mention the really angry guy that shoots some threes and otherwise just runs around with a scowl. Looks like a UPS driver. He's okay.

McCabe has been on a tear lately...might actually be their best shooter right now.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Sorry if posted already or common knowledge, but are Marble and Morris cousins?

I don't know about cousins, but I think there is some sort of affiliation because Roy Sr. actually helped the Morris/ISU connection IIRC. Pretty admirable that he was looking out for the kid enough to help out his recruiting.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Interesting that all the tickets for sale in the balcony are in Rows 14-17. None closer. Keep the Hoks as far away as possible.

I'd like to go, but dang, $120 A ticket is hard to pay. If anyone knows anyone who can't go, and wants so sell to a Cyclone fan for a reasonable price, let me know.