Iowa State vs. Missouri Score Predictions

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Iowa State can beat anybody. This team is competitive for stretches, but they need to be a consistent threat. I'd hang it about a 20% chance we win tomorrow.

CB needs to score 50 for us to win tomorrow.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think we can beat them here at Hilton.

The big obvious factor is whether our guards can handle their pressure. If so, then we can get Brackins the ball, and he can have a big day. If not, he won't see it, and that nets another 10 point effort.

Diante has shown that he both can and can't handle pressure like Missouri plays. It all comes down to his game management. If he's on, we beat them. If not, we don't.

Go Diante!!!!!

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
For Mizzou, this has trap game written all over it, sandwiched between their W over Texas and a Big Monday game vs. KU.

ISU could catch them sleeping a little bit.

That being said, I have been high on Mizzou all year (which, of course, is hard for me). I'll go 72-65 Mizzou.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Not really, were basing it off the half court game that we play. Not exactly our style to be putting high 70's-80 points up a game.

Which can also contribute to not winning games when others have better players.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Lets see where do I begin...... ISU struggles against a press and pressure defense we cannot turn the ball over much rebound rebound freakin rebound!! We need balance scoring from the starting five and bench players, attack the rim alot and play big time defense. I say play an extended 2-3 zone to take out the gaurds or if in man to man do not wait for them at the three point line pick them up half court to disrupt their gaurd play and make it difficult for their offense to get set up. They can win no doubt, but it takes in my eyes all these things plus shooting well and taking good shots. What frustrates me more is not handling a teams press at all. Coach Mac has to design a play to make the other team pay when pressing us do that they get out of the press very quickly not doing so they just keep doing it and we just keep turning the ball over.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I find this thread depressing...who the hell does Missouri start...Sundvold, Stipanovich, Chievous, Peeler, and Rush?

MizzouRah

Feb 5, 2009
I will take MU 76 ISU 70. I think Leo Lyons will make enough plays down the stretch that MU wins a tight game. The Tigers are playing with a lot of confidence right now.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I will take MU 76 ISU 70. I think Leo Lyons will make enough plays down the stretch that MU wins a tight game. The Tigers are playing with a lot of confidence right now.

If we lose and score 70 points, I won't be too upset at the offense. Then I'll wonder where the hell the defense went. I HIGHLY doubt Iowa State puts 70 on the board.

Help Support Us

Become a patron