Iowa State Uniform Discussions

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Blacks could use a little red like Stanford has done.

I’m sure they’ll play with the helmets. Take the black helmet, use the red stencil logo instead and add the chrome red facemask. Let the players use red accessories with the black uniforms like armbands & gloves. Use the black facemask on the red helmet, etc.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
They've really grown on me since I saw the tweet yesterday. The white uniform is definitely my favorite. I also really like the red uniforms. I'm not as big a fan of the black uniforms though. They're great; I just don't think Iowa State when I see them

At some level that is probably the point.

BoilerClone

Dec 1, 2010
Indiana
Haven’t had time to read everything yet (so sorry if it’s already been stated) — but one big benefit of the black collar IMO is that it provides some separation from the clashing shades of reds of the helmet and the jerseys. The reds are hard if not impossible to match, the black makes them look more similar by not being side by side.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Much better than they looked yesterday, but I wish they would have gone towards gray for a storm look rather than black. Light gray/silver trim on the numbers/collars would’ve made gray pants work with either cardinal/white jersey. The anthracite color used before was kind of ugly but it could’ve been tweaked to make a better storm uniform than the black. If the black really is an homage to history, then I understand it a little bit more.