CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Never know what **** might happen in the student section.

iowa-state-fans-dressed-as-teletubbies.gif

Every time I see this, I feel bad for the guy getting chloroformed in the background.

• Haha
Reactions: BigCyFan

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Look at you guys, moderating each other. My babies are all growing up. <3

As far as what is different about this - it's not the same week that Ames was in all of the national media for being the #1 hotspot in the country, and the local school district didn't just have to close down hybrid learning two days before due to the infection spike due to said university's decisions.

JP complaining about people on staff having to potentially take salary cuts at the same time ISU's decisions caused thousands of Ames families with elementary kids to either find costly daycare or take time off unpaid to help their children remote was a terrible optic. Especially since he doesn't (last I heard) even have his kids in the Ames district that his decisions were affecting.

Since you raised the issue about the spike, I am genuinely curious as to the outcome. I did see the national media coverage you refer to from a few weeks back, but never really heard how things turned out. Any links to show the follow up?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Every time I see this, I feel bad for the guy getting chloroformed in the background.

Yeah, that is one of the most amazing video clips ever shot. There is SO much going on in that clip you could teach a class on it.

Is the girl to the right of the guy being chloroformed just standing up herself after being chloroformed??

• Haha
Reactions: BigCyFan

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder how strictly seating will be enforced. If you don't want to sit next to others in your group can you move up in the stadium?

Please understand it will be critical that we receive full buy-in, from everyone attending the game. Any fan who does not adhere to our mitigation requirements will be denied entry and/or removed from the stadium. Furthermore, any fan removed from the stadium will have their tickets revoked for the season.

Seating – All fans were reassigned new seating locations and it is critical to sit in those seats to maintain social distancing.

• Winner
Reactions: 2Xclone and Aclone

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Since you raised the issue about the spike, I am genuinely curious as to the outcome. I did see the national media coverage you refer to from a few weeks back, but never really heard how things turned out. Any links to show the follow up?

It's going much better since the parties and such have settled down/bars closed/university discontinued parties! It's hard to find a great link, but here's the state of Iowa one:

You have to do a whole drill-down, but here's Story County:

1600974875628.png

It's much better in the past two weeks.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
It's going much better since the parties and such have settled down/bars closed/university discontinued parties! It's hard to find a great link, but here's the state of Iowa one:

View attachment 75813

That is quite the collapse. If trend persists after Oct. 3, gotta like the chances for more fans going forward.

Reactions: Angie

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
My Section/Row shows up in My Profile too. We got moved back 6 rows, but are in the same section.

It looks like the band is going to be in sections 14, 15 and 16.

Do you know this or just guessing based on the seating chart? I would assume the band would be back in their normal stands in the north end zone.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

View attachment 75813

So Story County is doing much better.... so let's bring in 15k fans from all across this infected state TO Story County!!

Half joking. I do think you can probably put 15k fans in JTS safely if they all follow the rules.

Reactions: Angie

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Please understand it will be critical that we receive full buy-in, from everyone attending the game. Any fan who does not adhere to our mitigation requirements will be denied entry and/or removed from the stadium. Furthermore, any fan removed from the stadium will have their tickets revoked for the season.

Seating – All fans were reassigned new seating locations and it is critical to sit in those seats to maintain social distancing.

Yeah, the challenge is going to be trying to social distance from the people assigned to sit next to you. May have to decide if everybody in the group can go.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Statewide hospitalizations & ICU have stayed steady, or decreased slightly since then. https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data

Deaths seem to have decreased as well, although these can lag a little bit as reporting seems to be very slow some times (deaths sometimes reported weeks after they actually happened) .https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/outcome-analysis-deaths

Don't know any specifics for the Ames area itself as that is harder to find, but I'm sure it could be done.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I bet they won’t add more fans.
Agree. I'm not sure there is much more demand than 15,000. MAYBE if the next month goes well with fans in the stands around the country more people will want to go, but probably not a lot more.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Statewide hospitalizations & ICU have stayed steady, or decreased slightly since then. https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data

Deaths seem to have decreased as well, although these can lag a little bit as reporting seems to be very slow some times (deaths sometimes reported weeks after they actually happened) .https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/outcome-analysis-deaths

Don't know any specifics for the Ames area itself as that is harder to find, but I'm sure it could be done.

You have to drill down by the county in the statistics (the site is unfriendly):

View attachment 75813

Reactions: isutrevman

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

Thanks. Good to see statewide trending lower too. Still not giving up on getting to a game this year. Also, after seeing Vegas venue the other night, can't wait for UNLV next year.