Iowa State and Iowa issue joint statement on marching bands

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

On hr telling everyone how we are so consumed with hatred of ******* Iowa that we are trying to rationalize what happened

Remember hawkmi and dex and the rest rationalizing the cover up of two football players that raped a girl? Remember they were ok with crime scene evidence being destroyed.

Amazingly they are quiet here. Must be a thing with them.

Reactions: CyDude16

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Okay, everybody, I can clear up one thing for certain ... the whole “band on the field” after the game.

I was behind the north end zone after the game ended. The Iowa band came down from their section in the southeast corner and exited out the northeast gate (at least to exit the playing surface, I don’t know how they got from there to the northwest gate). To get there they walked behind the visitors’ benches, in front of the wall where the seating sections begin.

I wouldn’t call that “the field” per se... I mean, it was grass, yeah, but it’s the area between the benches and the wall, so it’s used for all kinds of visiting team personnel to travel on. Did an ISU official yell at them to “get off the field”? Maybe. But I tell you from my personal observation that’s where they were, behind the visitors’ bench.

As an aside, I also saw several Iowa band members waving goodbye sarcastically and yelling things back to the students left in the student section. No, that doesn’t excuse anyone being physically assaulted or having bottles thrown at them, but they were NOT all the upstanding paragons of virtue and good sportsmanship they’re claiming to be.

(I also witnessed two unknown objects that were thrown out of the student section that Saturday - one at the Iowa coaches, I think, coming out after one of the weather breaks. The other was at the Iowa band when they came in before the game. I could not identify what was thrown - they looked like something maybe wrapped in cloth, but they had to have some heft in them to get thrown that far.)

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Okay, everybody, I can clear up one thing for certain ... the whole “band on the field” after the game.

I was behind the north end zone after the game ended. The Iowa band came down from their section in the southeast corner and exited out the northeast gate (at least to exit the playing surface, I don’t know how they got from there to the northwest gate). To get there they walked behind the visitors’ benches, in front of the wall where the seating sections begin.

I wouldn’t call that “the field” per se... I mean, it was grass, yeah, but it’s the area between the benches and the wall, so it’s used for all kinds of visiting team personnel to travel on. Did an ISU official yell at them to “get off the field”? Maybe. But I tell you from my personal observation that’s where they were, behind the visitors’ bench.

As an aside, I also saw several Iowa band members waving goodbye sarcastically and yelling things back to the students left in the student section. No, that doesn’t excuse anyone being physically assaulted or having bottles thrown at them, but they were NOT all the upstanding paragons of virtue and good sportsmanship they’re claiming to be.

(I also witnessed two unknown objects that were thrown out of the student section that Saturday - one at the Iowa coaches, I think, coming out after one of the weather breaks. The other was at the Iowa band when they came in before the game. I could not identify what was thrown - they looked like something maybe wrapped in cloth, but they had to have some heft in them to get thrown that far.)
TL/DR......did you identify the gunman on the grassy knoll? Or the 2nd spitter?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Iowa’s band was on the field after the game and a ISU staff member told them to get “the F off the field”. He then apologized but the band was still told they needed to get off the field. Then the 4 officers that were with the band went ahead to clear a path so they could leave since there were fans also leaving. They were not around when the alleged events happened. Apparently it was adults and not students. Security was with the band but left them which is why none of them saw anything.

Barta failed here as he did not contact authorities when this was reported. The band members involved were told the Iowa AD department would handle it which is why nothing was done initially. They were trying to get out of Ames and it was reported to the band director who contacted Barta. I don’t blame the band I blame Barta because he could have done something right away and didn’t.

The last time something like this happened it turned out the criminal was an Iowa student who got access to their locker room through the Iowa team.

ISU is still waiting for Barta's apology on that since he felt it necessary to spread lies to our Big 12 opponents.

You need a new AD, he can't effectively perform in a situation like this anymore. Maybe this was an actual horrible event, we'll likely never know in part because your AD makes up nonsense like a whiny little bi+ch all the time.

Reactions: wxman1

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't think I've been to a crowded sporting event where I haven't been knocked into by a fan regardless of their tean.

I've had drunken Iowa fans jump off the roof of a van, yell "fa&&ot!" in my face, then shove me...in Ames, when I was a student at ISU.

No national news crawl. Somehow the world didn't come to an end.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The quip at the end by the writer is classic pot stirring. If you have to say "allegedly" twice in the paragraph, your "journalism" probably shouldn't involve a quip.
That’s what online journalism has become, state the facts and then they just have to throw their own opinion in at the end. The blurring of the lines between reporting and opinion columns annoys the **** out of me.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
The last time something like this happened it turned out the criminal was an Iowa student who got access to their locker room through the Iowa team.

ISU is still waiting for Barta's apology on that since he felt it necessary to spread lies to our Big 12 opponents.

You need a new AD, he can't effectively perform in a situation like this anymore. Maybe this was an actual horrible event, we'll likely never know in part because your AD makes up nonsense like a whiny little bi+ch all the time.

Gary Barta:

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006

Gary Barta:

"Wolf, woolf, wooooolf"

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This is what I was told by people in the band. A friend of my

My niece is in the band and she was back in Davenport over the weekend. So are two of her friends and they told this to my wife.

They were farther ahead and didn’t see what happened but heard screaming/yellin

That is how the band exits. There are over 100 kids and they have to go on the field and the file out. It’s roughly a 4-5 block walk in total to there the buses are from the stadium.

Wait a second, I just saw that you said that 4 police officers heard screaming, but didn’t respond to the screams?

Reactions: CyDude16