Iowa St to host Incarnate Word Dec 1st

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We might get a lot of **** because of the silly university name, but this isn't like playing Drake. They're an FCS school just the same as SDSU and UNI. Anyone that was holding out hope for scheduling Nebraska or another FBS school is an idiot. Facebook is full of them right now complaining that this is a bad game, completely forgetting they bought a ticket to see South freaking Dakota State.

There's your first problem.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Right there in the release, for those who choose to read it:

Fans who purchased tickets to the South Dakota State game (single game or season tickets) will receive tickets to the UIW contest on Dec. 1.

"We recognize the process of re-issuing both tickets and parking will present its own set of challenges for our department and fans," Pollard said. "Our staff will be in contact directly with our fans as soon as more details are finalized."

Honest question as this was a first for me...but I had someone transfer tickets to me through ticketmaster. I'm assuming as the last ticket holder in their system I would get the replacement tickets? I'm glad I went eticket vs paper on this one. Maybe.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Looking at their schedule it looks like their last game will be Nov 10 before the Dec 1 matchup with us being they cancelled their last game of the year...

I understand 300K is a lot of money, but why would you want to do that?

You answered your own question. Plus two more weeks of practice for their players.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Honest question as this was a first for me...but I had someone transfer tickets to me through ticketmaster. I'm assuming as the last ticket holder in their system I would get the replacement tickets? I'm glad I went eticket vs paper on this one. Maybe.
Maybe the person that sold the tickets will be nice enough to just forward the replacements to you

Just remembered I sold two tickets through Stubhub and do not have the name of the person

Last edited:

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
You answered your own question. Plus two more weeks of practice for their players.

Yeah, I suppose so. Two extra weeks of practice plus another game. I'm sure for a small Catholic school the 300K goes along ways

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
From a weather standpoint, I was really hoping for a game on 10/20. Better than nothing.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I love how people act like we are the only school with a cupcake on our schedule. Literally every other team in America at least has at least one "gimme" on their schedule. Iowa just so happens to get like 7 every year, so we shouldn't feel at all bad about 1.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Absolutely had to get another game, although a lot of the damage from the cancellation has already incurred.