Iowa St to host Incarnate Word Dec 1st

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Does Incarnate Word still get a paycheck if we play in the Big 12 Championship?

[edit] I suppose the most "Iowa State" thing that could happen would be: we qualify for the championship game, but have to forfeit in order to fulfill our previous obligation.
It says ISU will not be in default of the agreement if they make the title game, so I take that to mean they dont have to pay on the contract if they make the title game.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Looking at their schedule it looks like their last game will be Nov 10 before the Dec 1 matchup with us being they cancelled their last game of the year...

I understand 300K is a lot of money, but why would you want to do that?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This site has not loaded our newly scheduled game with UIW...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/team/iowa-state-cyclones/projections

But here is where they have our outcomes distributed right now...

upload_2018-9-12_15-28-15.png

If we assume UIW is a 100% win and basically just add +1 to everything...

Projected final record = 6.2-5.8
Bowl eligibility = 65%

Adding this guarantee game pushes our odds for a bowl up about 20%.

Thank you, JP. We needed this.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Looking at their schedule it looks like their last game will be Nov 10 before the Dec 1 matchup with us being they cancelled their last game of the year...

I understand 300K is a lot of money, but why would you want to do that?

That could pay for their program for a year. Or at the very least their travel expenses for a year.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
We might get a lot of **** because of the silly university name, but this isn't like playing Drake. They're an FCS school just the same as SDSU and UNI. Anyone that was holding out hope for scheduling Nebraska or another FBS school is an idiot. Facebook is full of them right now complaining that this is a bad game, completely forgetting they bought a ticket to see South freaking Dakota State.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
High school stadiums in Iowa are bigger than this school's stadium.

And? Beggers can't be choosers. We scheduled a team that had to cancel a game to play us. We obviously were scraping the bottom of the barrel. This is a great opportunity for the freshman to play a lot in Jack Trice Sstadium, and likely something to keep them working hard and motivated all year. Couldn't be happier they got another game.

That said we'll see if I go. Gonna be dang cold.