Iowa loses to AWFUL Penn State

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Team A is ranked higher, has fewer losses, and a better RPI.

And I'll throw one more metric in for you...Team A Non Conf RPI...34th.......Team B Non conf RPI..3rd

So...RPI..Non conf RPI...vs top 100...vs Top 50...SOS....and Conf SOS is all in favor of Team B....yet you still can argue Team A should get a higher seed? Can't wait for this explanation.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
First...rankings have zero impact on how committee seeds teams...zero. So that's first...second..after tonight Team A RPI will be worse than Team B (did u not read correctly) and 2 fewer losses is more important than Team B having a SOS 20 spots or more higher?

Team a will still have a higher RPI

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Kind of silly to argue really. If they bounce back, they'll be a higher seed, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have the higher ceiling.

March is all about matchups.

Lets hope we don't get matched up against long-athletic teams.

H

HGPuck

A rival just lost the #117 RPI team in the country, a team who just doubled their RPI top 100 win total on the year, and we are arguing about blind resumes?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Team a will still have a higher RPI

No they won't. So I said today. Watch tomorrow RPI ranking...bet Iowa dropped below Isu...so your logic is only RPI? I just told you Iowa RPI is now worse. So give me a legit argument. U can't. The two teams are relatively close resume wise and it's not very hard to give Isu the edge given what I just laid out..sorry if it was a little hard to comprehend. So by basically every measurable metric Isu should have a higher seed. Hard to just argue against plain facts.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
No they won't. So I said today. Watch tomorrow RPI ranking...bet Iowa dropped below Isu...so your logic is only RPI? I just told you Iowa RPI is now worse. So give me a legit argument. U can't. The two teams are relatively close resume wise and it's not very hard to give Isu the edge given what I just laid out..sorry if it was a little hard to comprehend. So by basically every measurable metric Isu should have a higher seed. Hard to just argue against plain facts.

Calm down bud. If selection Sunday was tomorrow, Iowa would be seeded higher, no doubt about it, but that doesn't mean they're the better team, or that they have a better chance at the final four.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Dude, spoilers. You gave away the team names!

In that case, Iowa would be seeded higher.