Iowa Football Recruiting

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
And there were just as many Hawks after the Purdue game stating this season was nothing more than an exhibition. What, you beat up on a couple of high school teams and it's look out Chiefs?

Kind of like ISU fans after the ULL game?

ISU just beat up on the worst two football teams in all of P5 football in Kansas and Baylor, then beat a KState team down most of it's players and ISU fans are flexing like crazy.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cytown12

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
LOL, if Sagarin isn't legit this year, then it isn't legit any year.
They have Iowa ranked as the #3 team in the nation. They have Michigan, Minnesota and Penn State all ranked. You're trolling out of your mind.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

ISU just beat up on the worst two football teams in all of P5 football in Kansas and Baylor, then beat a KState team down most of it's players and ISU fans are flexing like crazy.
Kansas State had 4 players out and have more wins than the last 3 teams Iowa has played combined.

• Winner
Reactions: GTO

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They were? I thought it was two players
2 starters, their 3rd best WR transferred, and I believe they were out a 2nd stringer. Two major guys. Let's not act like they were playing the game with their scout team.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
They have Iowa ranked as the #3 team in the nation. They have Michigan, Minnesota and Penn State all ranked. You're trolling out of your mind.

I have been told it doesn't matter how bad their rankings are, their SOS is still perfect and spot on and should never be questioned. Heck you don't have to convince me that bad rankings lead to bad SOS metrics, I have been trying to tell you guys that for a long time. Yet the only response to that from ISU fans is Sagarins SOS is gold, it doesn't matter if his rankings are off.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I have been told it doesn't matter how bad their rankings are, their SOS is still perfect and spot on and should never be questioned. Heck you don't have to convince me that bad rankings lead to bad SOS metrics, I have been trying to tell you guys that for a long time. Yet the only response to that from ISU fans is Sagarins SOS is gold, it doesn't matter if his rankings are off.

@CyTwins how is this dumb? I've tried to tell you countless times that the Sagarin ratings are horrible and that affects his SOS metric. If he overvalues a conference that swings his SOS dramatically. Right now Sagarin values Big10 teams, and as you can see that is swinging his SOS. This is no different than any other year with Sagarin.

• Dumb
Reactions: mikeiastat

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
You're tilting at the wrong windmill if you think that Sagarin numbers are valid this year. Everything is f'd up given Covid and the BIG simply is on top because all of the BIG teams are on top, not because there is any reality. Maybe the BIG is really good...or maybe it is really bad. As the #3 team in the nation, I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble with Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, heck, even lowly Oklahoma or Iowa State...

Tilt on...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Using analytics in a year like this year is going to be dumb. It'll be dumb to use KenPom as well as everything's going to be really messed up. Your troll / argument is stupid and you don't even believe it but you won't stop.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Not sure who was flexing but beating Baylor will always be high on our to do list. They're a vile program and qualified for the conference championship game. Honestly losing to Iowa is slightly less nauseating than Baylor. Although beating Iowa is probably more gratifying if for no other reason it reduces the troll participation on this board.

@CyTwins how is this dumb? I've tried to tell you countless times that the Sagarin ratings are horrible and that affects his SOS metric. If he overvalues a conference that swings his SOS dramatically. Right now Sagarin values Big10 teams, and as you can see that is swinging his SOS. This is no different than any other year with Sagarin.

SOS matrices are out the window this year as there were no OOC P5 match-up this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

At the risk of jumping in the Hawk kiddie pool of "so are you but what am I"..............but after ULL it wasn't that this season doesn't count more than why do they start so slow under CMC. September and November seems his teams have struggled. Hopefully the November struggles end this season.

I would love to see KU and PSU pillow fight. And Baylor could beat could beat anyone Iowa has. As for flexing...........do you think people outside the midwest have more interest in ISU/UT......or Iowa/Nebraska? You can belch metrics and tradition all the day long.......but this weekend/this year.....the flexing belongs to us. We beat UT........it's Arnold time!

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
So
Who is tooting Iowa’s horn about being ranked #24. I simply pointed out how wrong someone was saying Iowa wouldn’t be ranked this week or next week.
Speaking of 5 years ago, wasn’t that when ISU basketball was pre season #7? Crazy how roles have reversed in basketball, now Iowa is preseason #5 and ISU is a dumpster fire.
So one bad season means a team is a dumpster fire. Wow Iowa fans are dumb. Can't wait to watch Iowa flop this season it's gonna be funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
So

So one bad season means a team is a dumpster fire. Wow Iowa fans are dumb. Can't wait to watch Iowa flop this season it's gonna be funny.

ISU has had 2 really bad seasons out of the last 3 and 3 out of 4 is looking really likely.

• Haha
Reactions: cycloner29

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU has had 2 really bad seasons out of the last 3 and 3 out of 4 is looking really likely.
And Iowa has had 1 less bad season than Iowa State in the last 3 years.. So your point is that last year's season is what matters?

Reactions: Cytown12

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
So they've had one more bad season then iowa has had in the last 3 years got it.

And Iowa has had 1 less bad season than Iowa State in the last 3 years.. So your point is that last year's season is what matters?

If you guys are ok with missing the NCAA tourney 3 out of 4 years in years 3-6 of your coaches tenue then thats your choice.

Last edited:

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
If you guys are ok with missing the NCAA tourney 3 out of 4 years in years 3-7 of your coaches tenue then thats your choice.
Dude look at who your coach is. Guy got an extension when he hadn't done **** and still hasn't done anything important at Iowa. And has the season started yet I'm pretty sure Iowa St hasn't missed the tournament this year.