Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
If Iowa State lost to TCU and OU, then beat TTU, KU, BU and were sitting at 3-2 and ranked, Iowa fans would be howling at us saying we haven't beaten anyone. And then if our next two games were against the likes of another TTU and BU, they'd be hammering us for our schedule and our 5-2 record being a joke.

The proof is in the pudding.

The SOS metric that is universally accepted around here by ISU fans has Iowa playing a much tougher schedule than ISU to this point.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If Iowa State lost to TCU and OU, then beat TTU, KU, BU and were sitting at 3-2 and ranked, Iowa fans would be howling at us saying we haven't beaten anyone. And then if our next two games were against the likes of another TTU and BU, they'd be hammering us for our schedule and our 5-2 record being a joke.

Of course I would, but that doesn't take anything away from Iowa being #24 in the CFP. :D

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

The SOS metric that is universally accepted around here by ISU fans has Iowa playing a much tougher schedule than ISU to this point.

@CyTwins seems this post may give some insight as to what remarked troll this may be.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Sagarin doesn't count this year according to Clone fans. It only counts in years that say ISU has a tough SOS, all other years don't count.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sagarin doesn't count this year according to Clone fans. It only counts in years that say ISU has a tough SOS, all other years don't count.

I don't think any SOS should count this year. What happens to teams that have their game(s) cancelled due to Covid does their SOS change at all? Thanks again 2020!!

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
And there were just as many Hawks after the Purdue game stating this season was nothing more than an exhibition. What, you beat up on a couple of high school teams and it's look out Chiefs?

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Buddy has came back multiple times and every time he tries to play the "I root for Iowa State when they don't play Iowa" only to meltdown early on
Yeah, most any Iowa or ISU fan that pulls that out of their ass is lying.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
It never ceases to amaze me that every time a new Hawk troll pops up I can hardly read what they are trying to say with all the misspellings.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Pardon us for not wanting to use the metric system that has Iowa and Wisconsin ranked #3 and #5 in the country, while also having Michigan, Minnesota, and Penn State ranked in the top 20. It's an absolute joke this year.

Minnesota, Penn State and Michigan have a combined 11 losses. The entire top 13 of the CFP Playoff rankings have a combined 11 losses together.