Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
Yes.. but we've put ourselves into position for this game against Texas to be the game to go to the title.. That's an accomplishment. Being in contention in late November is an accomplishment on the season. Is it as big as actually getting there? No, but that's like saying making the AFC or NFC title game isn't an accomplishment because you haven't made the Superbowl yet.

JFC

Big 12 title game is now the Super Bowl.

Winning the big 12, in some years, would put you in the playoff which would equate to the conference title game.

Winning on Friday for ISU would equate to winning a wild card game in the NFL playoffs.

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
You asked me one question and I'm not answering it until you tell me your last username on here. I'll gladly answer it then

Two actually.

Arent you a Sagarin fan for SOS?

So what is going to happen here when Iowa ends up rated higher in the final AP poll and final Sagarin poll this season?

Will we find a different metric to use or just accept the results?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
JFC

Big 12 title game is now the Super Bowl.

Winning the big 12, in some years, would put you in the playoff which would equate to the conference title game.

Winning on Friday for ISU would equate to winning a wild card game in the NFL playoffs.
I was equating the two in the fact that both teams put themselves in contention to play for some sort of title. If we're playing this game, the rest of Iowa's games are putting themselves in contention to play in the C-League intramural championship game. Have fun getting a .500 Michigan team in the Bronze Medal game of "Champions Week".

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Bingo. It's a literal fact that Iowa fans don't want to talk about. And look, as an ISU fan, we get they can't control how weak the Big10 west is annually or that they consistently get weak crossover games. It's the fact that they act like they are such a massive powerhouse of a team when in reality if you put iowa in the east during that time frame their win-loss record is dramatically different. Be proud that your team has feasted on beating weak teams like it should, but have the sense and intelligence that it's just that

I've talked about it. Sagarin has the Big10 West as the toughest division in all of college football for a reason. I mean Sagarin is the undisputed go to for SOS, and there is a reason ISU SOS is in the 50's and Iowas is #11.

Last edited:

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
I was equating the two in the fact that both teams put themselves in contention to play for some sort of title. If we're playing this game, the rest of Iowa's games are putting themselves in contention to play in the C-League intramural championship game. Have fun getting a .500 Michigan team in the Bronze Medal game of "Champions Week".

LOL!

I think we will play Indiana on Dec 19.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Iowa is playing tougher week 6 and 7 opponents than ISU did. ISU played Kansas and Baylor, Iowa at least has to play teams that have more than 1 combined win.

• Wow
Reactions: Cytown12

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa is playing tougher week 6 and 7 opponents than ISU did. ISU played Kansas and Baylor, Iowa at least has to play teams that have more than 1 combined win.
JFC lol. So you're now breaking everything down to the exact week and comparing opponents. Iowa's going to go 42 days and 5 games without playing a team above .500. October 31 - December 12. How can you explain that other than Iowa playing bad football teams?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Way to cherry pick the games...taking KU and Baylor as our two teams. And whoopy do on your two opponents, totaling 3 combined wins...I'm sure you are proud of that...Nebby and Illinois. You also understand that the team rankings and strength of schedule mean absolutely zero...there are no games in the BIG outside of conference games...it's basically like 2 cousins getting married and having kids.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Way to cherry pick the games...taking KU and Baylor as our two teams. And whoopy do on your two opponents, totaling 3 combined wins...I'm sure you are proud of that...Nebby and Illinois. You also understand that the team rankings and strength of schedule mean absolutely zero...there are no games in the BIG outside of conference games...it's basically like 2 cousins getting married and having kids.
If Iowa State lost to TCU and OU, then beat TTU, KU, BU and were sitting at 3-2 and ranked, Iowa fans would be howling at us saying we haven't beaten anyone. And then if our next two games were against the likes of another TTU and BU, they'd be hammering us for our schedule and our 5-2 record being a joke.

Reactions: SouthernCy