Iowa Football Recruiting

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
he's a poster over on hickeyes report with a username of screwtheclones that was posting here over the summer under STC(somerandom#) that then denied having an account there even after people found him posting the exact same/similar stuff on each site. he also believes the crazy lawyer dude over there..
Ahh yes, I know STC personally.

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Hawk fans sure are hoping Campbell moves on after the session. Lol
right... I mean they are debating if KKKirks son takes over or not, yet our coach is always ""rumored"" to be taking other jobs... I know what situation I would rather be in... yet all that talk over the last few years and he is still here..

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Current AP sure helps. But I also use this thing called my eyes and brain. I've watched Iowa play, they have looked average at best. You then look at that play vs the level of opponent it was done against. You've played two average teams and lost and played 3 horrible teams and won. So yea, you wouldn't be beating ISU this year. I would imagine the line would be anywhere from 9-11 points in favor of ISU. So again, what makes you think, other than what appears to be stupidity, makes you think you could beat texas, OU, or OSU who are all ranked in the top 25
A lot of Iowa fans will never believe Iowa State is better than them at anything. Iowa's on a 3 game winning streak. Naturally, any fanbase is going to be confident after seeing their team win 3 games in a row. I get it. It makes sense. But any rational college football fan would say that Iowa State is better.

Now, does that mean that if these two teams played Iowa State would win for sure? Well, no lol, because that's not how it works. We have no idea who would win. Iowa State has beaten Iowa numerous times as the inferior opponent. There is no point in arguing about who would win this game because we're not going to play. It'd be like arguing with an A&M fan and asking them why they think they'd beat us. Would they beat us? Probably, but could we beat them? Yup.

Reactions: Cytown12

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Current AP sure helps. But I also use this thing called my eyes and brain. I've watched Iowa play, they have looked average at best. You then look at that play vs the level of opponent it was done against. You've played two average teams and lost and played 3 horrible teams and won. So yea, you wouldn't be beating ISU this year. I would imagine the line would be anywhere from 9-11 points in favor of ISU. So again, what makes you think, other than what appears to be stupidity, makes you think you could beat texas, OU, or OSU who are all ranked in the top 25
right. no team ranked behind you in the AP poll could possible beat you. The line would not be ISU by 9-11 points, that's delusional. You really think Iowa couldn't beat Texas in Iowa City in November? I'm assuming Iowa would get 2 of the 4 games at home and I would like their chances in both of those games.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
A lot of Iowa fans will never believe Iowa State is better than them at anything. Iowa's on a 3 game winning streak. Naturally, any fanbase is going to be confident after seeing their team win 3 games in a row. I get it. It makes sense. But any rational college football fan would say that Iowa State is better.

Now, does that mean that if these two teams played Iowa State would win for sure? Well, no lol, because that's not how it works. We have no idea who would win. Iowa State has beaten Iowa numerous times as the inferior opponent. There is no point in arguing about who would win this game because we're not going to play. It'd be like arguing with an A&M fan and asking them why they think they'd beat us. Would they beat us? Probably, but could we beat them? Yup.

Difference right now between ISU and Iowa is that ISU has a decent QB and Iowa does not, thus ISU is a slightly better team right now.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
some Iowa fans are seeing the truth and others are still wanting Brian as the next HC... as much as I would enjoy seeing that crash and burn with him at the helm, I also would hate the black eye that gives the state... most Iowa fans are still clueless when it comes to the lawsuit.. hey STC have fun with this one lol ... https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/is-anyone-else-nervous-for-2022-recruiting.338274/
Right from the link. PURE GOLD:
"Campbell will move on after this year. No way he stays in Ames.

Brian Ferentz will be the next head coach. The problems we had will be forgotten very soon. Being able to point to Brian means the program is stable and the recruits will not be nervous. Continuity of a winning program is the key. "

And the absolute barn burning of a comment here LMAO:
"He has to see how easy it is to win in the big 12 with an average team. Half of that conference is absolutely poor at football. The other half, very average. If you have 5 conference wins in the bag every year just by showing up, and your fanbase is happy with 7 wins a year, why would you ever leave. "

First they would love if Campbell leaves. It would be the best thing for them. Secondly, calling ISU average when we are ranked number #15 in country is literally comical. Then he follows it up by saying the best of the best that 7 wins makes our fanbase happy, which it does, all while ignoring that Kirk and company has rode that 7 win average his entire career. You can't make this s*** up. These people are delusional

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
right. no team ranked behind you in the AP poll could possible beat you. The line would not be ISU by 9-11 points, that's delusional. You really think Iowa couldn't beat Texas in Iowa City in November? I'm assuming Iowa would get 2 of the 4 games at home and I would like their chances in both of those games.
Iowa isn't ranked.

It's actually not delusional. I provided you reasons on why my line makes sense. You just went with because you're a homer and it feels good.

LMAO you aren't beating texas let alone, why do you get them at IC? Is that the only place Iowa can win games that matter? In this hypothetical you have to go to Austin just like we do. I was being nice when I said Iowa was average. They are below average at best and haven't showed ANYTHING that points otherwise

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Todd Blythe canceled his visit to Iowa for the CyHok game and told them he was going to ISU. But I don't think he was a fan of the evil empire.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Difference right now between ISU and Iowa is that ISU has a decent QB and Iowa does not, thus ISU is a slightly better team right now.
We have a better overall offense. Our rushing attack is better than Iowa's too. It's not just Purdy who makes us better. I also wouldn't trade our defense for Iowa's.

Credit to Iowa for winning 3 games in a row but forgive me for not thinking Iowa is good. Those wins were against 2 terrible teams and 1 bad team. So no, at this point, Iowa State is more than just "slightly better" than Iowa.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Iowa isn't ranked.

It's actually not delusional. I provided you reasons on why my line makes sense. You just went with because you're a homer and it feels good.

LMAO you aren't beating texas let alone, why do you get them at IC? Is that the only place Iowa can win games that matter? In this hypothetical you have to go to Austin just like we do. I was being nice when I said Iowa was average. They are below average at best and haven't showed ANYTHING that points otherwise
If Iowa had those 4 teams on the schedule would it not be a fair assumption that 2 of the games would be in Iowa City? Texas lost to TCU and barely held on against West Virginia but Iowa would have no chance? If Iowa played ISU this weekend I would guess a 3-4 pt spread tops saying anything more than a touchdown just makes you look like the homer.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
We have a better overall offense. Our rushing attack is better than Iowa's too. It's not just Purdy who makes us better. I also wouldn't trade our defense for Iowa's.

Credit to Iowa for winning 3 games in a row but forgive me for not thinking Iowa is good. Those wins were against 2 terrible teams and 1 bad team. So no, at this point, Iowa State is more than just "slightly better" than Iowa.
I think the big thing with Iowa is the team is just starting to come on now. Most everyone knows Iowa starts slow and builds as the season goes. Not having a non con really hurt us this year.